Daily check in June 30, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily check in June 30, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Thank you all for the good wishes. I am a bit anxious, so my grocery run included Mallomars and Sleepytime tea. :-D

On a more serious note, my brother has been exposed to an active case of Covid at work, thanks to someone too selfish to follow precautions who should not have been in the building. He has cardiac disease and a bad liver, but all he can do is monitor his temp and pray for the next 10 days.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 am Good morning

Day 3 of staying home. Did not walk. Thought about it and said no. Better train and get used to mandatory stay at home orders. You never know.

Still woke up before 6 which is good. Do not want to get out of that habit.

Heard that my first cousin was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He does have the virus and now both of his daughters do also. So that makes 3 cousins in san antonio hospitals with virus issues. Also have one in Phoenix but she is doing well.

Lets see what mischief I can get into today.
Clem, I don't believe there is any danger in your walking alone or even with a partner as long as you stay 6 ft apart. Trust me it will probably be a whole lot better for you to walk than it will to stay cooped up in the house. It doesn't take long for the depression( and you don't even realize it) to set in. I told my Dr. today that I had to have something to help me get a good nights sleep. He agreed that stress is causing this and he recommended Melatonin Advanced Sleep so I went straight to Walgreens and got me a bottle. It's suppose to help you get back on a sleep pattern and Lord knows I need it.

Two people had on masks in Walgreens, me and the cashier. Honestly, there were 6 people in check - out and not a one had on a mask. They were observing the 6ft rule, but no mask. People I think are just convinced that this is a hoax and they want to prove it. Well, I want be helping them I want this nightmare to be over with and if I can do anything to help I will do it.

So sorry to hear about your relatives. Praying they will recover.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm Thank you all for the good wishes. I am a bit anxious, so my grocery run included Mallomars and Sleepytime tea. :-D

On a more serious note, my brother has been exposed to an active case of Covid at work, thanks to someone too selfish to follow precautions who should not have been in the building. He has cardiac disease and a bad liver, but all he can do is monitor his temp and pray for the next 10 days.
I will put your brother in my prayers, Mackie.

Good luck tomorrow! I imagine the students aren’t there yet so you’ll have some time to learn the ropes before school begins (unless there is a summer session).
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:42 pm Clem, I don't believe there is any danger in your walking alone or even with a partner as long as you stay 6 ft apart. Trust me it will probably be a whole lot better for you to walk than it will to stay cooped up in the house. It doesn't take long for the depression( and you don't even realize it) to set in. I told my Dr. today that I had to have something to help me get a good nights sleep. He agreed that stress is causing this and he recommended Melatonin Advanced Sleep so I went straight to Walgreens and got me a bottle. It's suppose to help you get back on a sleep pattern and Lord knows I need it.

Two people had on masks in Walgreens, me and the cashier. Honestly, there were 6 people in check - out and not a one had on a mask. They were observing the 6ft rule, but no mask. People I think are just convinced that this is a hoax and they want to prove it. Well, I want be helping them I want this nightmare to be over with and if I can do anything to help I will do it.

So sorry to hear about your relatives. Praying they will recover.
I just can’t fathom people who think this is a hoax. For what reason? I’ve read that some say it is all a plot to ruin Donald Trump’s economy. Do they think every country in the world is in on the hoax? Do they think the deaths are just numbers and not real? I cannot relate to or understand these type people. If they have a loved one who gets sick will they change their mind? Shaking my head.

I hope the new med allows you to sleep, LittleMiss.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm Thank you all for the good wishes. I am a bit anxious, so my grocery run included Mallomars and Sleepytime tea. :-D

Mackie, you will be awesome in this new job.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Budget numbers entered, and while I was over on the grocery line, I was under in most everything else. That means under total total budget for the month. Makes me happy.

It has rained off and on for most of the day and hasn't warmed up much if at all. I have all the windows open and the air conditioner has not cut in as of yet. Saving on electric which is another good thing here on the Canadian prairies.

Since the day has been pretty blah I haven't felt like doing very much. I should have been baking, but could not get the omph to do so.

Household chores were all completed as well as my extra cleaning list. So something was accomplished at least.

Supper is ready (chef's salad on a fairly cool day), and I will be setting the table next.

Knit on the sock a bit, but have not accomplished much. I do hope to still finish it tonight though.

Off to get things finished.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/