Nice people

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Nice people

Post by frugalmom »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:46 pm I remember her. She and her husband had these great jobs making piles of money. And how she was always finding "deals" for next to nothing. Then she started talking about a secret frugal forum that Ellen Marie was supposedly a member of LOL. When I asked Rossco how to join I never got an answer.

Bev
Lol and I had no idea about the secret forum til much later when one of you gals mentioned that she said this and I am like WHAT in the world are you guys talking about!? She used to message me via the forum a couple of times and I hope like my email didn't have my real name or anything sent to her-it may have Idk esp since I am not tech savvy! Lol-esp I am not tech savvy, I would never even be able to find a secret forum if it was in front of me-lol! BUT it taught me a big lesson,like I don't answer any messages and try to be more careful. I honestly don't understand why people even need to lie or be like that and make up stories or like others who intentionally try to hurt someone(like what for!?) !? Never makes sense to me how people can be like that! I think people who do stuff like that have a nut loose or something.It was a shame too bc I enjoyed their stories and such and I did not realize how fantastical it was til you guys mentioned it, I just believed it point blank. I am sometimes a bit naive,I am getting better though and not as trusting as I used to be!
Last edited by frugalmom on Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:33 pm I used to talk quite a bit to Chopinlover and her sister Whatadeal. I actually met Whatadeal in person. She worked for the same State agency in the same building I did so it was easy for us to meet up. Both very nice people. She and her DH had bought a house in Sacramento and then decided they wanted to live in the foothills. They may even live close to my daughter!

Do you remember Becwoman? I loved her! She really knew how to live frugally. Sadly her DH passed away suddenly and she ended up moving.

The vegan lady from Canada who could burn the calories ice skating. I can't remember her name.

And Tygercat! I really enjoyed him!

Bev
Oh I miss all those people you mentioned! I loved Tygercat-wonder how he is doing!? Did these people not come over from about.com to this forum! That reminds me THANK YOU Erin,Aaron and Jackie for providing this special place for us to chat and share our frugal ways! I do miss them so. Becwoman knew so much. Whatadeal had smart advice! Geez,lol, I was thinking I was a young chick when all this started when I was pregnant with my daughter(think just a little before) and now she will be 21 yo! OMG have I been on this frugal forum for 21 years-WOW-time really flies! Now getting LOTS of gray hair at the temples esp since Covid!

Well, I am glad all the rest of you are still here! You are among my favorites too! XXXOOO And many of you "newcomers" that started out on this forum, I have come to love as well!

I hope DGFlorida comes back after the elections as I enjoy her and also Nbeaver. I am so sorry to hear something bad happened in Nbeaver's family and I pray she will find peace and comfort. After the elections, and with this Covid,and it doesn't matter who will win bc I feel we are going to need to really support each other during these tough times-it is like the perfect storm all coming together and we will need each other. God bless all of you and I pray each and every one of you and your families STAY SAFE and HEALTHY!!!

BTW, what the heck is the story about the amputated arm!? My memory is bad I know,but I don't remember that story at all-lol!?
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm As far as I know Donna is still there. I lost touch with her a long time ago.

Bev
I LOVED Donna too. It was so sad when her DH passed. I hope they are all doing well now.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Marcia did have a stroke and I believe Debbie sent me her obituary. I can't swear to it but I think she has been gone a while.

I know Tiger left a long time ago before Pat did. He said he didn't have time for the forum I think. My favorite story was when he told Becky she should get a bicycle instead of driving a van. She explained to him the she was 80, had health problems and took a riding cart in the back of her van to get around. He then told her if she was determined not to take frugal advice, he couldn't help her. Then another time he told her she should change her own oil to save money. She asked him if he really thought an 80 year old could roll under her car and change her own oil and Tiger said she could if she was motivated. Becky just laughed. I miss her posts.

Does anyone remember the name of the lady in her 90s who was so sweet and knowledgable. Her kids made her move to California with them and she didn't post much after that. I can't call her name to mind for the life of me? I know life changes but I really miss some of these folks. - Orange Wasabi and Becky and Fatty McButter Pants and of course Everfrugal Sue, rip. I guess this is what old ladies like me do - get nostalgic and tell stories.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

colonialgirl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:46 am Marcia did have a stroke and I believe Debbie sent me her obituary. I can't swear to it but I think she has been gone a while.

I know Tiger left a long time ago before Pat did. He said he didn't have time for the forum I think. My favorite story was when he told Becky she should get a bicycle instead of driving a van. She explained to him the she was 80, had health problems and took a riding cart in the back of her van to get around. He then told her if she was determined not to take frugal advice, he couldn't help her. Then another time he told her she should change her own oil to save money. She asked him if he really thought an 80 year old could roll under her car and change her own oil and Tiger said she could if she was motivated. Becky just laughed. I miss her posts.

Does anyone remember the name of the lady in her 90s who was so sweet and knowledgable. Her kids made her move to California with them and she didn't post much after that. I can't call her name to mind for the life of me? I know life changes but I really miss some of these folks. - Orange Wasabi and Becky and Fatty McButter Pants and of course Everfrugal Sue, rip. I guess this is what old ladies like me do - get nostalgic and tell stories.
I believe her name was Eve - something like that. I loved her. Last I remember she was 93 and living in California after moving from Nebraska. I think she lived not too far from frugalmom in Calif and they may have been in touch. It amazed me that she was sharp as a tack and still using a computer at 93.

I was not here when some of the folks you all mentioned posted but I do remember whatadeal and chopinlover.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:46 am Marcia did have a stroke and I believe Debbie sent me her obituary. I can't swear to it but I think she has been gone a while.

Yes, Marcia passed away about 3 years ago.

Tyger left to go to another country, if I remember correctly. I do know that at one point before he left Tyger decided to correct my grammatical usage of the word who, instead of whom. I don't think he liked it very much when a few posters pointed out that in the context I was using the word either form could in fact be used. He got quite snippy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/