Anyone else’s stores having tp shortage again?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Anyone else’s stores having tp shortage again?

Post by MackerelCat »

No rubbing alcohol or hand soap here in months. No disinfecting wipes either, though I did manage to finally get one canister at Walgreens when DH got sick. Just recently we can't get any cleaning spray or liquids and the toilet paper is plentiful but weird off brands.

Canned soup and pasta is very skimpy.

Hand sanitizer is hard to get and is not the usual brands. Thank the Lord for Golden Grain clear liquor, dish detergent and good old vinegar, which all make good sanitizing concoctions. We have been using Suave body wash as hand soap.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’ve been trying to get acetaminophen through Walmart pickup for awhile and have had no luck. Thought I was going to get it today but again out of stock with no substitute. On cvs.com it says only available in stores so who knows if it is there. I haven’t gotten to the point of checking Amazon.

I almost always use plain old aspirin but I believe they say with coronavirus it’s best to use acetaminophen. In an emergency I have some that is expired.

I have my favorite aspirin, Anacin, on hand. Anacin (an old fashioned brand) contains aspirin and caffeine I believe. I wanted some plain old aspirin and did get a small bottle of very over-priced Bayer when I went into Publix several weeks ago. (I don’t think I looked for acetaminophen at Publix. I was on a mission for aspirin.)

Like the rest of you, I have not found wipes or Lysol either at Walmart pickup or Publix in store. When I thought I was going on my trip to Montreal, I bought a box of wet wipes and I still have half the box. Reading the label, however, I don’t believe they provide the protection of Lysol wipes. I still have a lot of rubbing alcohol and that is mostly what I use with paper towels.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

When I could not find wipes I bought a pack of baby wipes open them and put them in a large ziplock bag then i poured in 1/2 cup of 91% alcohol. It is far from ideal but better than nothing.

There was no hand sanitizer available either.
JCKitty

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

The person helping me with my shopping has been able to get disinfecting wipes.

She hasn’t been able to get bleach cleaner.

Several weeks ago when I was ordering online for delivery they substituted a gallon of bleach for the half gallon I ordered. I can barely handle a gallon of water. If I spill water on my clothes they get wet, if I spill bleach I ruin clothes. I gave the gallon to the person helping with my shopping.

I have had problems getting dry eye lubricant eye drops in the brand I wanted.
I can’t get caffeine free classic Coke. I am allergic to aspartame. So I can’t drink caffeine free diet.

I am doing my best to stay stocked up. If I use something from my stock up, I put it on my next shopping list. If I can’t get an item it stays on my list.

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Well I was able to get Publix brand acetaminophen today.

I walked down the paper aisle and there was plenty of tp and paper towels of all brands.

I’m not sure where they keep the rubbing alcohol but I looked when I was on the health and beauty aisle and didn’t find it.

No wipes or any Lysol. Several shelves in that area completely empty. (I didn’t actually walk down that aisle, just looked because I was at the wrong end of the aisle direction wise.)

I forgot to look at the tomato products.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

floridacatlover wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:05 pm
I wanted some plain old aspirin and did get a small bottle of very over-priced Bayer when I went into Publix several weeks ago. (I don’t think I looked for acetaminophen at Publix. I was on a mission for aspirin.)

I haven't been able to find aspirin, either!

Just regular aspirin. Walmart, CVS, Walgreen's, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Aldi's. Nobody has aspirin in this town. There's low-dose, and combos like Excedrin (which I do have, but I don't always want the caffeine in it).

The prices at Amazon are 3x what they should be, even for generic.

I finally found a bottle of Bayer at my IGA grocery store...at 2x the typical price for the brand. I should have just ordered generic from Amazon.

Anyway, it just weirds me out that I can't find something so basic to human survival as aspirin, LOL

Bread, butter, tea, chocolate, aspirin, books.
ohjodi