Daily Check in August 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in August 2, 2020

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:53 pm I haven't read any of today's posts yet...will catch up later.
These are such hard times.
DH and I visited a dear friend of ours last evening. Everyone masked and distanced....but he is dying of cancer and near the end. We sat and talked about everything... and nothing. Very, very sad.
We left there and stopped to eat something..it was late. Outdoors...spaced at picnic tables. The owner of the restaurant is a friend and crazy careful with sanitizing.
Just got my meal and my cell rang. Another dear friend...hysterical crying. Her fiancé..also our friend.. had just committed suicide. They are only in their forties. He had been spiraling downward and started using drugs.
I feel like my head and heart are about to explode.
Sorry to unload all of this...but I need you guys. Thanks for listening.
I know things will get better, but it is all so overwhelming right now.
Trees
Trees,
I am so very sad to read about your friend with cancer. It is so hard to see them so sick and say, what you think will be your "good-bye." I'm sure your friend was very appreciative of your visit and chat

It is heartbreaking when someone dies of suicide. My cousin did a few days after his 23rd birthday. All we know is that he didn't think he could escape his pain and was a burden on others. I am so very sad for your friend's fiance. What a tragic and horrific thing to go through. And so young too.

I'll hold all in my thoughts and prayers. For you too. It has to be traumatic for you to have a day like this.

Hugs,

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Thank you so much everyone. I really do appreciate your support and understanding more than I can say.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:53 pm I haven't read any of today's posts yet...will catch up later.
DH and I visited a dear friend of ours last evening. Everyone masked and distanced....but he is dying of cancer and near the end. We sat and talked about everything... and nothing. Very, very sad.
We left there and stopped to eat something..it was late. Outdoors...spaced at picnic tables. The owner of the restaurant is a friend and crazy careful with sanitizing.
Just got my meal and my cell rang. Another dear friend...hysterical crying. Her fiancé..also our friend.. had just committed suicide. They are only in their forties. He had been spiraling downward and started using drugs.
Trees
Trees so sorry to hear what you and your dear friends are going through.. I wish I could say something to make it better and to make it all go away but I cannot. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers find comfort. Also will say a prayer for your dear friend that died, his partner, and the one that will be leaving you soon.. ((hugs)). Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:18 pm Thank you so much everyone. I really do appreciate your support and understanding more than I can say.
Trees, you and your friends are in my thoughts. Your kind encouragement has met a lot to me through the years - I wish I could do something for you.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Trees
((((hugs))))
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Trees
Oh ChristmasTrees, {{HUGS}}. It's not like we weren't going through enough the last 3 years, but it seems like the dams all burst at the same time in January 2020. I don't think its been an easy year thus far for anyone and doesn't look like it's going to be for some time yet. A loss of someone so young is difficult to comprehend. So sorry for your loss. Remember, take just one day at a time.