Daily Check in August 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in August 2, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

Today feels like a Monday

I hate August

Think I overdid it yesterday. No energy at all. I did manage to water the new grass. I thought about letting the bell peppers just die, but I quickly transplanted them to a shady spot. Four plants - didn't take long, but it still wore me out

I finally took out the ladder and replaced the AC filter. It is in the ceiling and like Florida Cat Lover - it can be tricky. The COD is asleep, so i figured if i fell i could yell out.

So that was it for me today. There is this huge bright white orb in the sky that just drains the energy!

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, my body check engine light is on today too. I have been weeding and pruning like mad. There's now a large heap of greenery and small brush in front of our house for the city to pick up. My forearms and hands are very sore.

Among the pernicious vines overtaking our back yard is greenbriar, which has wicked thorns on it and I am always worried that the dogs might step on them and wind up needing surgery to get them out. Yesterday while chopping through the hedge by the garbage cans, I think I found the "mother vines" for a particularly troublesome patch of greenbriar and gleefully chopped them down. The things we do for fun during quarantine!

This morning I sent an e-mail to my supervisor about some tech issues that have to be resolved before I return to work on Thursday. Tomorrow I start having training at home by Zoom, so I have to get my workspace set up.

And I went grocery shopping and somehow spent only a normal amount of money for the first time in ages, but we did not need much stuff: milk, eggs, bread, cheese, some fruit and veg, ground beef, some frozen things, trash bags, paper towels, more body wash to stand in for hand soap, and the rubbing alcohol.
Mackie

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

It's a much cooler day today - in fact I needed a sweater when I went for my walk. It rained a lot last night so no watering required today. I just deadheaded the pots and have pulled out the pea plants. I took one last look for any remaining pea pods but no luck! The beans are looking good though and I'll pick some for tomorrow night's dinner.

Today dh and I ventured out to WinnersHomesense. Of course we were masked and we were greeted at the door with a person dispensing hand sanitizer. I found the wooden spoon I wanted and a new serving spoon for serving items from a non stick pan. It won't scratch. Both seem really well made. Dh found a new silk orchid as he wanted to update the decor in the living room a bit. It was a very inexpensive fix so I didn't mind. The store wasn't that well stocked but had what we needed so I was happy with that.

The pork roast which was marinated with a rosemary/garlic/dijon glaze smells really good even though I don't eat meat. But Dh and Dd2 are pretty excited about it. All of our meals today came from items we already have on hand, as usual.

I haven't checked in for a few days as every day seems to meld into the next, with a few variations in what I'm doing. Today has truly been a day of rest for me.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I haven't read any of today's posts yet...will catch up later.
These are such hard times.
DH and I visited a dear friend of ours last evening. Everyone masked and distanced....but he is dying of cancer and near the end. We sat and talked about everything... and nothing. Very, very sad.
We left there and stopped to eat something..it was late. Outdoors...spaced at picnic tables. The owner of the restaurant is a friend and crazy careful with sanitizing.
Just got my meal and my cell rang. Another dear friend...hysterical crying. Her fiancé..also our friend.. had just committed suicide. They are only in their forties. He had been spiraling downward and started using drugs.
I feel like my head and heart are about to explode.
Sorry to unload all of this...but I need you guys. Thanks for listening.
I know things will get better, but it is all so overwhelming right now.
Trees

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

by ChristmasTrees » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:53 pm

I haven't read any of today's posts yet...will catch up later.
These are such hard times.
DH and I visited a dear friend of ours last evening. Everyone masked and distanced....but he is dying of cancer and near the end. We sat and talked about everything... and nothing. Very, very sad.
We left there and stopped to eat something..it was late. Outdoors...spaced at picnic tables. The owner of the restaurant is a friend and crazy careful with sanitizing.
Just got my meal and my cell rang. Another dear friend...hysterical crying. Her fiancé..also our friend.. had just committed suicide. They are only in their forties. He had been spiraling downward and started using drugs.
I feel like my head and heart are about to explode.
Sorry to unload all of this...but I need you guys. Thanks for listening.
I know things will get better, but it is all so overwhelming right now.
Trees
{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Oh Trees...so sad . That is just terrible news. Hugs for you and your friends. It really is such a sad time.

JCKitty