Daily Check in August 10, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in August 10, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening,

I had a front row seat on the Struggle Bus today friends, as a result of not sleeping well last night. I think I got maybe 5 hours - and part of that was taken up with the most outrageous, upsetting dreams. So - was tired at work today - plus - what made me think a smoothie with no protein powder in it would hold me till lunch? I was famished - and I only brought a salad for lunch - and a few strawberries for my snack and I always leave my wallet home so I won't go to the vending machines - so when I got home I ate TWO veggie burgers, along with more salad.

It is raining outside but with FULL SUN - so pretty. The dogs and I are in my bedroom where it is dark, with the fan on. VERY hot and humid today. I have a big glass of iced herbal tea - I think I need to drink more water and decaf tea.

I'm off to try for a better night's sleep and will get up early and pack a better lunch and snack for tomorrow. And go back to my high protein cereal with fruit for breakfast. Goodnight friends.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:39 pm
My cousin just posted some pictures of damage in Iowa. Her son is working up there. Not sure what he is doing. Looks pretty bad. Lots of downed trees, overturned trucks, roofs blown off. Probably the same storm!
I saw a story in the WP a few hours ago that called the fast moving windstorm a derecho. I’ll have to look that up. It impacted northern Indiana (so Kitty’s area I think), 72 mph gusts at Midway Airport in Chicago but Iowa was hardest hit - 100 mph gusts! That’s like a Cat. 2 hurricane!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm
I saw a story in the WP a few hours ago that called the fast moving windstorm a derecho. I’ll have to look that up. It impacted northern Indiana (so Kitty’s area I think), 72 mph gusts at Midway Airport in Chicago but Iowa was hardest hit - 100 mph gusts! That’s like a Cat. 2 hurricane!
ok - just checked the WP and saw this

Iowa was hardest hit. Several locations clocked wind gusts exceeding 100 mph, while gusts between 75 and 85 mph were common. The storm’s intensity marginally waned as it headed east, but Chicago’s Midway Airport clocked a gust to 73 mph.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Is everyone okay

Those that live in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana?

colonialgirl?

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

We're OK here, Clem. Though I haven't been out to walk around the house as yet.

We were under a severe thunderstorm warning, got a lot of wind and rain and maybe a bit of hail as the front passed through here.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm
It seemed to peter out at the Ohio Border. Although I had an intense thunderstorm last night. It set off someone's car alarm that went on for hours. UGh.