Daily Check in August 11, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in August 11, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I did some mending, finished those household tasks that needed to be done, frozen beans, did my row on my temperature blanket, and Hubby said to take a break.

Instead of me cooking we are going to forage for our suppers. With the heat we have been getting neither of us are really hungry. Hubby will probably have a roast pork sandwich along with sliced cucumbers. Me well toast sounds pretty good right now.

HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in August 11, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening. My day at work went slooooow - that is very unusual, they usually seem to fly by at the speed of sound. Came home briefly after work to put the dogs out to do their thing then headed to my parents to take some things I'm putting in their yard sale to be held Labor Day Weekend. I will be WEARING A MASK while helping out with that.

Had some sauteed zucchini and green peppers for supper and a slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter. I have some strawberries I need to use up tomorrow - I was going to eat them after supper but wasn't that hungry - I think due to the extreme heat and humidity.

Speaking of the extreme heat and humidity, this is the first summer I can remember since I was a child that we have had temperatures this hot for this long here in New York. I have to close all my windows and curtains every morning and even hang towels over some of them to help keep the dogs from melting while I"m at work. It doesn't look pretty but what can ya do? After supper I've been taking a shower, putting on summer pajamas and staying in my bedroom, which is the darkest, coolest room (small windows, heavy drapes).

I've been walking Hope (yellow lab) in the early mornings and I'm not gonna lie, I haven't been walking Lucy (beagle basset mix) at all because she just wants to drag me around in circles and I don't have time to mess around in the mornings. I wouldn't mind taking her for a stroll but I'm not going to mess with her nonsense its the weekend.

I"m off for a snack (maybe those strawberries after all) and a good sleep. Goodnight friends.