September 9 2020 Daily Check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

September 9 2020 Daily Check in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hi all,

10pm for me & starting tomorrow’s check in now.

My surgery went well and now I’ve about a month if recovery time. More details to follow in future (hopefully soon) update/email.

Crazy weather we're having too. Bad heavy winds and snow at my house; was in mid-90’s two days ago and today’s high was high 46 degrees F.

Gayle
gaylejackson2

Re: September 9 2020 Daily Check in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I awoke at 0125 my time, in pain, and have been reading through the forum a bit away from the bedroom.

We stayed at Dnephew’s house last night, & Monday too, due to the crazy winds & predicted snow storm—I am So glad we did too, other than trying to stay on top of my pain.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hang in there Gayle and I wish you a speedy recovery.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I told my hairdresser that I wanted to go bold since I am rocking the salt and pepper look. So she clipped the back and side very short and left the top longish so it can wave and curl at will. I think I like it.

Today is more of the same. We are supposed to be hot again. I have been bad and not gotten activity in. I started to walk to a video, but my knee started hurting and I quit after 10 minutes. But, on the good side, my back is feeling much better, so i am correct, lack of activity is causing the main issue. I did have some hip pain, but not as much. It just took some time for the back to respond.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning,

I cannot believe it but I have been up since 5:45 AM :? Wayyyyy too early for me. I just could not stay asleep so got up and will take a nap this afternoon if I need too.

Maggie, your haircut sounds cute to me, I went short about 3-4 weeks ago and love it!!!! My hair grows fast, it was down to about the middle of my back when I had it done. but I have baby fine hair and lots of it. I just can't do anything with it except buns or pony tails when it is long. Then I get head aches from having it pulled back.
Do you start with stretches before exercise? Even chair stretches might help with your pain issues. I hope you find some relief.

I will vacuum and run the floor cleaner today and do some organizing in the stacks of crap in the guest room. I have it in there waiting on the work to be done in the bedroom/library. I am beyond antsy/anxious to get that work done but have to wait on the guy :( obviously I don't do waiting very well.
Might get some more plants done, I want to overwinter some more begonias but we shall see.

Smoothie for lunch and ????for supper, I know it will include mac and cheese but beyond that no clue.
Off to read and then get this day started.
JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Just got back from the grocery store, actually 2 grocery stores. Have put the refrigerated stuff away. Will have to go back out to the car later to bring up the rest of the purchases. Will be starting on my Wednesday chores after I finished posting. Once that's done I will be checking out the food ads for next week, starting a new grocery list as I already discovered I should have bought the bag of carrots I had in my hand while in the store, and then I'm free to read, play computer games etc.

Today has been marked as "Teddy Bear Day". Who doesn't love those soft, cuddly toys. You remember, the teddy that made you feel loved and secure in an otherwise insecure world. The little bear that you held so tight when you a noise made you quiver in the middle of the night. He was always there to keep you safe.

While we outgrow the need to cuddle these special toys, we can't help but smile when we see them. I have 2, one a Boyd's bear and the other a girl bear dressed in a green velvet Victorian style dress with pink trim and yes, I do smile when I look at her as she stands on my dresser.

So to all, have a happy Teddy Bear Day!