September 9 2020 Daily Check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: September 9 2020 Daily Check in

Post by LogicsHere »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:18 am
My surgery went well and now I’ve about a month if recovery time. More details to follow in future (hopefully soon) update/email.

Crazy weather we're having too. Bad heavy winds and snow at my house; was in mid-90’s two days ago and today’s high was high 46 degrees F.
Saw reports of the first snow around your area as they did mention it was 90 degrees only the day before or so. Snow in the summer, scary thought.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All, Gayle, I hope you got some more sleep. Just a quick hello before I go off to work. It is a nice morning to walk but I'm going to drive because the walk home yesterday was HOT and I'm not feeling like dealing with that today. Plus - it doesn't do wonders for my hair style - that 20 minute walk.

Lovely and sunny and cool right now. Dogs have been out what feels like "a hundred times" and are back asleep. Time to put up the maze of baby gates that is my "dog mom life" and make my exit.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Sunny this morning but so cold! We are the cold spot of Canada and got yet more frost last night. Dh covered our tomato plant with a tarp and the only other veggies out there are zucchini. We have had more than enough of them lately - in fact we have been giving them away.

Gayle I'm so happy your surgery went well - you certainly deserve a good break with all the health challenges you have had to face lately.

I have to increase the sodium levels in my blood so must decrease my fluids and increase my consumption of sodium. Bring on the pickles, Crispers, Nuts and Bolts, and raman noodles! I was also told to maybe try drinking only Gatoraid - yuck! I will pick some up and drink it after running though. I had low levels before but now it's a little more serious. I was supposed to go to the lab next week for retesting , but there is such a backlog that I couldn't make an appointment until Sept. 24. I only had one cup of coffee this morning and even added a sprinkle of salt to the coffee grounds. So weird! Most people have to do the opposite. I will do anything to avoid being hospitalized, and given a slow sodium drip over an extended period of time.

Well off to get some garbage collected. We're allowed one extra bin for this week only. I'm sure we have find some unwanted bulky item to toss.

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:13 am Good Morning friends,

I told my hairdresser that I wanted to go bold since I am rocking the salt and pepper look. So she clipped the back and side very short and left the top longish so it can wave and curl at will. I think I like it.

Today is more of the same. We are supposed to be hot again. I have been bad and not gotten activity in. I started to walk to a video, but my knee started hurting and I quit after 10 minutes. But, on the good side, my back is feeling much better, so i am correct, lack of activity is causing the main issue. I did have some hip pain, but not as much. It just took some time for the back to respond.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Glad you like your haircut. Hope the knee stops hurting soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 am Good morning,

I cannot believe it but I have been up since 5:45 AM :? Wayyyyy too early for me. I just could not stay asleep so got up and will take a nap this afternoon if I need too.

Maggie, your haircut sounds cute to me, I went short about 3-4 weeks ago and love it!!!! My hair grows fast, it was down to about the middle of my back when I had it done. but I have baby fine hair and lots of it. I just can't do anything with it except buns or pony tails when it is long. Then I get head aches from having it pulled back.
Do you start with stretches before exercise? Even chair stretches might help with your pain issues. I hope you find some relief.

I will vacuum and run the floor cleaner today and do some organizing in the stacks of crap in the guest room. I have it in there waiting on the work to be done in the bedroom/library. I am beyond antsy/anxious to get that work done but have to wait on the guy :( obviously I don't do waiting very well.
Might get some more plants done, I want to overwinter some more begonias but we shall see.

Smoothie for lunch and ????for supper, I know it will include mac and cheese but beyond that no clue.
Off to read and then get this day started.
JCKitty
Wow, I did not know you could over winter begonias in the house. Something to think about for next year.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:43 am Good morning beautiful people,

Sunny this morning but so cold! We are the cold spot of Canada and got yet more frost last night. Dh covered our tomato plant with a tarp and the only other veggies out there are zucchini. We have had more than enough of them lately - in fact we have been giving them away.

Gayle I'm so happy your surgery went well - you certainly deserve a good break with all the health challenges you have had to face lately.

I have to increase the sodium levels in my blood so must decrease my fluids and increase my consumption of sodium. Bring on the pickles, Crispers, Nuts and Bolts, and raman noodles! I was also told to maybe try drinking only Gatoraid - yuck! I will pick some up and drink it after running though. I had low levels before but now it's a little more serious. I was supposed to go to the lab next week for retesting , but there is such a backlog that I couldn't make an appointment until Sept. 24. I only had one cup of coffee this morning and even added a sprinkle of salt to the coffee grounds. So weird! Most people have to do the opposite. I will do anything to avoid being hospitalized, and given a slow sodium drip over an extended period of time.

Well off to get some garbage collected. We're allowed one extra bin for this week only. I'm sure we have find some unwanted bulky item to toss.

Creative
Sounds like you are getting our previous couple of days weather. My province broke some 100 year records for cold in a few cities. It will warm up a bit for you tomorrow or perhaps the next day as it got pretty cold here again last night.

Covered our plants for a few days.
Jackie