Update on Patty

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Update on Patty

Post by Jackielou »

Thought it might be a good idea to post what she had written on Facebook so I copied it and pasted here.

"So much love and appreciation for all the messages texts and posts. I read them all and now I am crying. Still so much pain. I can describe later, not now. As of yesterday I can usually switch to lying on my side. Then weak as a kitten. This is no joke for sure. It was wrapped up in my vertebral nerves and traveled my brain. I'll go home with a picc line and powerful antibiotics for 6-8 wks. Today I found out I have hearing damage from the 1st antibiotic they poured into me. Home, please...soon."

I did send all of our love and prayers to her.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:54 pm Patty was on Facebook awhile ago and posted that she would be heading home soon hopefully. She is still in a great deal of pain and one of the medications she was given to combat the infection has caused some hearing loss.

It seems the infection got into her nervous system and traveled to her brain as well. She will be on heavy doses of antibiotic for a while.

I feel so sorry for her.. Will continue to keep her and her DH in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and complete recovery.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I hope Patty gets home soon and is more comfortable there. Poor sweet girl!
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Her husband must be besides himself.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Patty, if you read this, we all love you. You are in my prayers every night. You have had far more than your fair share of medical problems and I hope you are home and feeling better and stronger soon. (((Hugs)))
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 pm Patty, if you read this, we all love you. You are in my prayers every night. You have had far more than your fair share of medical problems and I hope you are home and feeling better and stronger soon. (((Hugs)))
AMEN! (((HUG TO YOU PATTY)))! Stay strong-and this too shall pass! We are with you in spirit! We will continue to pray for you that you get stronger everyday and be as quick a recovery as it can be that you are healed completely!