Daily Check-in Sept 16, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in Sept 16, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm Hi all-
Just popping in to see if everyone is still alive and kicking. I have been on a mental health sabbatical from news and the internet. So I'm back and it appears West Coast is on fire, SE is washed away, Trump knew about Covid in January and down played it and Kayne West tweeted a picture of himself urinating on his grammy. I should go back in my cave.

Hubs was in the hospital for a couple of days - anemic from an intestinal infection. And I wrenched my back and spend my days doing a pretty authentic Quasimodo imitation.

So sorry about Patty. Hope they can cure the infection and re do the implant. Hope everyone else is holding on my their health and sanity. We continue to stay home but hubs is going to MS for 4 days to golf. Scares me to death - but I know he will take precautions. Hope that is enough.

Well no news here.

Be well,
CG
I am just trying to stay out of trouble, though some of the things I see posted on Facebook from family and friends makes me want to shake them. Head down girl and plow forward.

Hope your Hubby is on the mend.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

G'd late evening Frugals,

I finished hauling and recycling all the stuff from my garage and even netted a little over $12.00 from turning in cans and bottles. I just now realized there is more I could have taken but I will do that another day.

I made a Costco run and filled my gas tank for the first time in a couple of months. I have Costco goods on my table to put away. Before I do that I need to know how to use the Ibotta app. I downloaded it last week. Can someone tell me how to do this? I also need to scan my receipt so I can get my $25.00 Costco gift card from buying the Proctor & Gamble products that I needed and that were on sale. Then I need to enter the receipt total into a purchasing survey I am doing for this month on one of the survey sites. I am getting dribs and dabs of money from surveys and things like the recycling, the Costco gift card and the recycling. It doesn't make up for what I lost from not working but between that and cutting back on things I am breaking even. It's kind of a challenge to see how much I can cut back while still "feathering my nest".

When I came home I was so tired and hurt a lot from the work I did yesterday and today so I took an Advil and slept for a few hours. I am feeling much better now. I think also the air quality was worse today than it was yesterday.

I hope for some good news about Patty this week. Has anyone been in contact with LittleMiss? She hasn't posted in at least a month.

Well everyone rest well tonight.

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:38 pm G'd late evening Frugals,

I finished hauling and recycling all the stuff from my garage and even netted a little over $12.00 from turning in cans and bottles. I just now realized there is more I could have taken but I will do that another day.

I made a Costco run and filled my gas tank for the first time in a couple of months. I have Costco goods on my table to put away. Before I do that I need to know how to use the Ibotta app. I downloaded it last week. Can someone tell me how to do this? I also need to scan my receipt so I can get my $25.00 Costco gift card from buying the Proctor & Gamble products that I needed and that were on sale. Then I need to enter the receipt total into a purchasing survey I am doing for this month on one of the survey sites. I am getting dribs and dabs of money from surveys and things like the recycling, the Costco gift card and the recycling. It doesn't make up for what I lost from not working but between that and cutting back on things I am breaking even. It's kind of a challenge to see how much I can cut back while still "feathering my nest".

When I came home I was so tired and hurt a lot from the work I did yesterday and today so I took an Advil and slept for a few hours. I am feeling much better now. I think also the air quality was worse today than it was yesterday.

I hope for some good news about Patty this week. Has anyone been in contact with LittleMiss? She hasn't posted in at least a month.

Well everyone rest well tonight.

Bev
Sent an email to Littlemiss last night. Waiting for a reply. I am hoping to hear something very soon, or that she drops in asap.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/