Daily Check-in September 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 18, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

JCKitty

When my old dog was ill, I would keep canned chicken on hand as backup in case I hadn't had time to boil a chicken. I'd feed him rice and chicken. Made the rice in my rice cooker. But would also keep uncle ben rice on hand.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Clem,
I made him chicken and rice when he first got sick....so picky he would NOT eat it. But when i started grilling chicken cutlets for us...he was all over it. :lol: I wonder if the boiled chicken was too bland? Anywoo, I'm going to use the Mrs Dash on his.... just a bit...and with the addition of some peas and carrots he will eat it. The things we do for our pets LOL!
DD suggested making my chicken pot pie filling and adding rice....

I looked up Rosh Hashana , lots of honey and apples...sweet foods and praying in a better year. Also blowing a rams horn which I do not have but I do have party horns ....I am going to do it at my pond as the idea is to go to a body of water and send the bad out "to sea" and pray for the good to come to you at the shore. I am sure i have part of that wrong but I am going to do it.

JCKitty
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning everyone,

I am getting ready to make a run to Petsmart to pick up cat food. I hope they have what I usually buy.

Blue skies this morning! Of course that will probably mean a return to hot weather again but I will take that over the horrible air quality we have had all month. According to the long term forecast we will be heading into Mocktober with the usual hot weather. That and the cats do not provide me any incentive to do any fall decorating. I did put my pretty fall wreath on my door because it's easy and the cats can't get it.

I have had an unsettling experience. I decided to try the Ibotta app, downloaded it onto my phone and also set it up here using my G-mail address. Well when I tried to access it both on my g-mail account and on my cell phone I kept getting a message that the app was full. Also got the log-in which I tried and it said there was no record. I tried to set up and get a message that someone already has my g-mail address. So it looks like someone is tampering with my account. Not sure what to do. Years ago someone hacked into my e-mail via Zynga poker. They were able to change my zynga password to go in and steal all of my poker chips. The locked me out of my FB account. I had to go back, re-open the account and change a lot of things along with sending out new friend requests all over again. I do not want to have to go through that again. I am not sure how to block access to my G-mail account. It looks like I may have another mess to clean up again.

Bev
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Good afternoon everyone!

I went to bed late. Too late. I had forgotten about the town hall on CNN last night. I watched in and then, because I am a political animal, I watched the pundits discuss it afterwards while also reading the Twitter feed on what the internet pundits had to say about the town hall. All in all, it was interesting but I stayed up too late dinking around with that.

I got up at 6 and did some pinning on the sewing. I tried to make it through without a nap but when I started going cross-eyed? I had to go have a nap and get up again. I'm ready to do more sewing again this afternoon.

I'm going to dig through my stash of note cards and cards and see if I have anything I can mail to Patty to wish her well, with my spinal cord injury, I know how much she was looking forward to that stim to be of so much help. I am heartbroken for her. :cry:

Time to unload the dishwasher again and run it. I will then load it up with the dishes waiting to go in. I didn't do laundry the other day but will either this afternoon or after supper.

Not much else happening around here besides that.

MJ

Hope has a good imagination.
rinty

Post by rinty »

jstore97 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:31 am Oh Mackie! I cringe every time you talk about your maintenance and housekeeping for your office. I work custodial for a large college and I can tell you NONE of that would fly where I work. I hope things improve.
My latest assignment is on the disinfecting team and I walk around and spray high touch areas for 8 hours a day. Boring but necessary! Stay safe.

Jan
Jan, I do that too. I do the lunch cover at school and after 1 hour of constant disinfecting all the tables and chairs/doors etc ist exhausting.

So proud of the students though x They try and balance their lunchboxes and waterbottles to have their ahnds free as I spray them with sanitizer whe its time to take them back to class.

very touching actually.

This week I had to be in isolation with a student. I had every known PPE on and was TRYING to make it normal for the child until he could be picked up. then I had to clean down the isolation room/put the PPE in the hazard bin.

Sending a lot of love to LittleMiss and Patti. very bad news from them both x
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Went to three different stores and no Pupperoni! Bummer. Will continue the search over the week-end.
Janet Alliesmama