Daily Check-in September 20, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in September 20, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another cool fall day, low 60s expected with some clouds.

Short and sweet today. Have nothing planned for today; will be a day of spontaneity.

Going to throw a Stouffers mac and cheese entree in the microwave tonight for dinner.

Today is being celebrated as National Women's Friendship Day although there is nothing that shows it as an "official" national day. It was a day created by women for women in 1999 by the Kappa Delta Sorority. The sorority was founded in 1897 in Farmsville, Virginia and has over 180,000 members. So we give a shout out to all women and wish them a great day.

Have a super Sunday.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in September 20, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:51 am Good morning all.

Another cool fall day, low 60s expected with some clouds.

Short and sweet today. Have nothing planned for today; will be a day of spontaneity.

Going to throw a Stouffers mac and cheese entree in the microwave tonight for dinner.

Today is being celebrated as National Women's Friendship Day although there is nothing that shows it as an "official" national day. It was a day created by women for women in 1999 by the Kappa Delta Sorority. The sorority was founded in 1897 in Farmsville, Virginia and has over 180,000 members. So we give a shout out to all women and wish them a great day.

Have a super Sunday.
Logics, good morning! How nice to have a Women's Friendship Day - I think that is so great - no matter our lot in life, I think we ladies have to stick together, support one another and have each other's backs!

Sounds like we have the same weather, what with both of us being New Yorkers - I'm just a "short" 5 hour drive from your neck of the woods.

You have a great day - enjoy that mac & cheese - that stuff is such a great, classic dish, I love it!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning ladies

It is a nice cool morning here in south texas. Love it. A little overcast, but I am sure the sun will be shining soon.

The pack has been out twice now. They did sleep through the night. I slept pretty well

Having my coffee now and will be reading what is going on in the world

Will make a short trip to the local grocery store and do the usual cleaning.

Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It will be a quiet day here. It is supposed to get cooler and less humid!

I’ll do some paperwork, read and probably start the puzzle I got at the library. Tonight I’ll watch the virtual Emmys.

Not much else.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Okay, I'm getting to the end of the coffee and time to get off the computer. The selection of available surveys on Mturk was not great this morning (happens on weekends) so I did a couple through inbox dollars.

The sun is out but boy is it chilly! Not complaining, I rather like it! I have a pile of reading to do today - all for pleasure - love that! Nothing more "work related" than washing a few dishes is on the agenda. Will do a little bit of cooking toward lunches for the coming work week - but I enjoy that.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in this morning and when I opened the curtains the ground was wet. We got a bit of rain overnight or early this morning. The forecast is calling for showers off and on all day!!! We have had a few grass and crop fires over the last week so this rain is definitely needed. When we are done with it hopefully it keeps travelling west and hits the areas where the forest fires rage.

I will be heading out for a short walk this morning, then coming home and doing my Sunday chore list. I also hope to watch the two videos I will lead in the Bible Study this fall over once again.

More masks will be fashioned today, and tomorrow when I an washing clothes I just may throw in the black cotton remnant I found in my tidy up of the room as well. I have a feeling some of the older boys may prefer a solid colour mask rather than Minions or Super Heros, though I have been known to be wrong. I will make another 4 or 5 out of the black and use up the remains of the brown that was previously washed.

Other than that I will do some extra cleaning, move the dining table and chairs and give the dining room floor a really good wash down. This means crawlind under a few things unplugging them and moving them out of the way.

I will be adding to the tomato bowl and hopefully ounce by ounce I will reach the 9 pounds that I need tomorrow.

Supper tonight is going to be Roast Pork, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, and a salad.

Today I am grateful for another warmish day for my walk. I will take advantage as long as I can.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/