Looking back...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Looking back...

Post by rinty »

randamax wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:04 am I am trying to live my life very thoughtfully and intentionally. The journey has been an exercise in finding out what I believe to be really important. Along the way, I've eliminated some things that do not bring me joy, and I've found some other things that bring me boundless pleasure. This blog is one such thing. I don't know this woman at all, and yet I feel like she's become an old friend and wise advisor. In sharing this, it is my hope that you will find something that will stir joy and creativity in your life.

http://gdonna.com/living-like-the-past/
I haven't checked on the blog yet, but lovely to hear from you.

I could echo what you describe but in my life , its not a positive thing. The DS " stuff " that must be waded through and its life long impact is an exercise in what Extra stuff I just don't need or want to cope with. So anything I consider petty gets dropped like a rock.

For instance , had work not gifted me a challenging role that actually matters.........I wouldn't be there with all the , ( no other word for it ) C%AP that comes alongside. The good part has me thinking creatively on how to make a difference and its like RESPITE ( whch is what you imply the blog brings you ? )

Did I ever thank you for your message ? You are more than kind.

In life now, DS has been shown to have lost 10 cms in height due to the Rheum. Arthritus. Sometimes it is too hard to see how small his life has become. No dayservice activities which he loved, no going out at all in fact, he now has quite severe foot problems and his epilepsy and his other meds , as well as 24 pain meds feel like his life is one endless round of drugs . I have actually got him an in person apt with a consultant which was great but we've yet to have a physio programme agreed. COVID is nobodies fault but its impact on people like DS has been awful.

Hope your health has not failed you, thanks for posting .
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Randa~ I also like this blog. Very calm and peaceful
Hugs to you Rinty.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Randa, I really like the blog. Thanks for posting it.
Patty
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I have been enjoying this blog a lot. I hope to find more like it.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Unlike most of you, I could not get into this blog. I remember when Kitty posted it a long time ago. I tried looking at it again and it’s just not me. Great that it is enjoyable for so many and that is what we all should look for in our reading.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

Sometimes diaries, thoughts of other people can provide good ground for reflection. Sometimes, in the course of such reflections, the correct conclusions come. In general, it is very interesting when non-trivial people want to share their thoughts and views. After all, everyone has different life experiences. And you can learn from the experience of other people, including the mistakes of others.