Daily Check In October 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Mass at 8:30 as usual. No paper, don't know if it was not delivered or if a new neighbor decided to take it. I reported the issue tot he newspaper and requested a credit.

Not sure what is up for today. I will stop by for a visit at Mom and Dad's. Maybe seeing DS1 & Family. I also need to get some "active minutes" in.

Meatloaf day, yum. Mom preferred to use ground beef and veal, but most often ended up using ground beef and breakfast sausage. Yum. Last few years I have been using turkey + beef. Sounds yummy.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
I slept like a brick!!! I love it when I can go to sleep and wake feeling truly refreshed.

I have the veg soup assembled and going in the crockpot, smells so good already.

It seems to be a calmer day so far, weather wise. The wind is light, hopefully we will see some sunshine today.
I think it will be a putter around day for me.
I do need to deep clean the kitchen counters and run the robo vac.

Will probably update later...
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am Update

Did my morning walk and it started to snow. Just a few flakes, but enough to let me know winter is on it's way. Coming much too soon for my liking.
In my family, we always said the cool weather would arrive in Florida on Oct. 18. Long story but it was when my dad arrived after selling our property in Massachusetts. That date held pretty much true for many years.

This year (and other recent years) it is still hot. Yesterday we had a cool morning but most days this week will reach 90 F. I should do a temperature blanket over the next few years.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I heated up the last of my blueberry oatmeal muffins for breakfast. Sometime this week I will be baking pumpkin bread muffins.

I have found that sometimes I just move my hand or fingers wrong and I get severe pain in my hand. Several times it has woken me up. So I have no idea what I did to cause it. I will be talking to my Dr tomorrow about this. As the pain did get better with the Medrol Dose Pack, but I can’t live on steroids I have to find another solution. Esp., since I can’t take any NSAIDs, because of my low platelets. I will be asking for a referral to see a hand surgeon, I hope to be able to see the same hand surgeon again.

Strangely knitting with fingering yarn, thin yarn doesn’t hurt.

I read my Sunday paper on-line.

Today will be a quiet day, I will most likely fix Chicken Piccta for lunch. I start with the Michael Angelo meal starter and add half a package of frozen artichoke hearts. Which I cook before combining them. Very easy, I will cook enough pasta to have it for lunch tomorrow too with only reheating one serving of the pasta.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:19 am In my family, we always said the cool weather would arrive in Florida on Oct. 18. Long story but it was when my dad arrived after selling our property in Massachusetts. That date held pretty much true for many years.

This year (and other recent years) it is still hot. Yesterday we had a cool morning but most days this week will reach 90 F. I should do a temperature blanket over the next few years.
You should. I am on my second one in a row (just shows how many orphan balls of yarn I have collected, I believe I just might have enough to do a third using the same colours). It really does show a change in the temperature patterns up here.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Heavy frost this morning....pretty chilly!!!
Youngest granddaughter will be here in a little while to sew on my machine. On my porch...both of us masked.
I need to get the bread machine started.