Daily Check in Oct 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Oct 25, 2020

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Cloudy and mid-40s here. Had hoped to sleep in, since I stayed up to watch the end of the World's Series game last night. But nope! Woke up at the regular time without help from my furry alarm clocks.

Various chores today. Busy week ahead: Workmen coming a couple of days. (Not happy about it, but maintenance has to be done.) Also have a dentist appointment: had a chat with them about their precautions, so feeling reassured.

Plan to vote midweek, too, really hoping we can avoid an 8-hour wait.

One of DH's co-workers admired his mask and asked how much I'd charge to make one. Told DH I'd make her one, but I wasn't looking to go into business. (I'm not fond of making masks anyway; plus it's not like I have a large inventory of fabric to choose from.) We'll see.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal ones. It was a quiet morning until our back fence neighbors started dismantling something in their back yard. Now there's lots of banging and a compressor running.

Yesterday I did grocery shopping, sewed elastic on some more home-sewn masks, cut my hair, ordered dry food for the two non-allergic dogs, and made a flying trip into Goodwill to buy a coffee maker for the work office. I walked in, went straight to the electronics shelf, and straight to checkout. Got a nearly new Mr Coffee for $3.99. I used a wide artist's paint brush and soapy water to clean every part of the water tank and coffee holder, then rinsed it and ran a tank of white vinegar and four of water through it twice. It is clean as a whistle now.

Also made a super quick trip to Dollar Tree, which is in the same shopping plaza as Goodwill, for coffee filters, gingersnap cookies ( the best!) and a notepad for work.

And that was my exciting day. Today I want to do a little housecleaning and process some fresh apples for pie filling to go in the freezer. Not going to over do it, though.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I stayed up late last night!

Thank goodness the pack slept in. First trip outside was not until 930. Then back to bed for a bit.

I am still in pajamas. It is a little chilly and overcast. Good sleeping weather

One thing i have planned today is pup towel laundry. Bathed one yesterday.

Bought some ribs yesterday and was going to make them today - but maybe not.

Have other stuff to eat.

Have a great day all
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:30 am My parents have not been comfortable enough to go. I think they went to a Weekday Mass said for my late Uncle. I will only go to 8:30 at my parish. It is not as well attended as the other Masses. I am mostly happy as they have every other pew blocked off, tape on the pews every 6 feet. 8:30 has a lot of single people. Most are masked. Last week, a lady who does not usually wear a mask was a Eucharistic minister and woe a mask to distribute. They have taken all books/hymnals out of the pews. No offertory, basket in the back to drop in your offering; not presentation of the gifts. No PB distribution. If the Church fills up, there is overflow in the undercroft where then live stream. I have only seen 1 time where there was a distributor who took a plate downstairs.

Other parishes in my area require you to go online and make a reservation for Mass. But my Archdiocese still has suspended weekly obligation to attend Mass.
We also have a reservation system, but the Archdiocese here is doing the same thing you are.

As far as I know there are no Eucharistic ministers here. The hosts are placed in a container and you help yourself (to me that is scary who knows where peoples hands have been). Masks are also worn and we have 2 pews between each area of sitting parishioners. The attendees also have to sterilize where they were sitting with wipes after each use of the pew.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am Good morning ...

One of DH's co-workers admired his mask and asked how much I'd charge to make one. Told DH I'd make her one, but I wasn't looking to go into business. (I'm not fond of making masks anyway; plus it's not like I have a large inventory of fabric to choose from.) We'll see.
I understand perfectly. While there are many here who went into the business of making masks, I am not one of them. If I make one it is because it was requested and there is no charge. I find the amount charged for some of them ridiculous. Plus I wouldn't know what to even ask for.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good Sunday morning, everyone. It's overcast and cool here -- 54° (sorry, friends in the frozen North, but it does feel chilly to my thin Southern blood).

My neurosurgeon visit was short and sweet. He looked at my incision sites and said they look great. I told him what Infectious Disease doc said about my last day for antibiotics and he was happy with that. I go back in a month.

Yesterday was a good day. I got out to make a porch pickup. I've been wanting a nice brown leather purse forever, and someone on one of the FB sale pages had an Aigner for $10. So I went to take a look at it. I love it. It's the perfect size, not too big or too small. Filled up with gas while I was out, and stopped at Dollar General mainly because there were only two cars outside and it's been forever and a day since I've been inside a store. I found the cube boxes of Kleenex Extra Soft (my favorite) for $1 apiece. I got six. I also found a couple darling fall placemats for our breakfast bar. They have blue pickups and pumpkins galore against a pretty fall background. They were $2 each. I also got deodorant, body wash, and co-wash (I use in place of shampoo), all for much less than I'd spend at Kroger and even Walmart. So I was happy. Got Zaxby's salads for DH and I on the way back. It was a good outing and I was exhausted but happy. Then, I watched my Memphis Tigers beat Temple U, which was the cherry on top.

I have ground beef sitting out thawing. I'm making chili tonight. Probably with cornbread; if not, we'll have crackers with it. I'm debating watching my Sunday talk shows. Sometimes they just raise my blood pressure.
Patty