Daily Check In November 28, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2020

Post by Quilter51 »

Your mom would hate me granted I am retired but I spend maybe fifty percent of my time "accompanied g things for a pupose" and the rest of my waking hours reading, watching TV or just being..like sitting on the
patio and watching people go by.

There's an eastern philosophy quote that basically says we feel that if we are not doing we are wasting our time, but our time is first of all to simply be. That's where I am there days, lol.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 pm SandiSAHM - think so also

I have a sister that has to be busy all the time. As for dusting - I dust daily, but heck - those little Swiffer duster things make it super easy. Ten minutes a day at most. Your mother would probably not appreciate that - lol
I have swiffer things we use on the light fixtures and ceiling fans, they're static charged or something (?) and keep the dust under control as it gets removed. I don't think she knows such things exist. If she does, she has chosen to ignore their existence.

I wonder how much of a dressing-down I'd get if I sent her swiffer supplies...

Nah. I try not to get yelled at.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:40 pm I have swiffer things we use on the light fixtures and ceiling fans, they're static charged or something (?) and keep the dust under control as it gets removed. I don't think she knows such things exist. If she does, she has chosen to ignore their existence.

I wonder how much of a dressing-down I'd get if I sent her swiffer supplies...

Nah. I try not to get yelled at.
I order them online - several big boxes at a time.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:38 pm Your mom would hate me granted I am retired but I spend maybe fifty percent of my time "accompanied g things for a pupose" and the rest of my waking hours reading, watching TV or just being..like sitting on the

There's an eastern philosophy quote that basically says we feel that if we are not doing we are wasting our time, but our time is first of all to simply be. That's where I am there days, lol.
She's gotten to the point now where she watches game shows after the news and the occasional Hallmark movie in the evening. That didn't start until long after my Dad was gone. I wonder if one day she just realized there wasn't quite as much work to actually do anymore. My Dad could leave a trail of coffee cups as a breadcrumb trail to where he'd gone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:38 pm Your mom would hate me granted I am retired but I spend maybe fifty percent of my time "accompanied g things for a pupose" and the rest of my waking hours reading, watching TV or just being..like sitting on the

I stay busy helping people you could say

Ever since I started my town page, it has really grown. I get questions all the time all day long

But that was why I did it. I would get irritated that people didn't know what was going on - even people with kids. What the heck.

So I told myself SELF- you see a problem, so you better come up with a solution - or shut up. LOL.

They still irritate me at times, but what can you do? Like the young mom that was freaking out cuz they shut off her water due to unpaid bills, but two days later was looking to buy a puppy - :mrgreen:

Need to get with this other young person that wants to start a budget class for folks around here.....
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:06 pm I stay busy helping people you could say

Ever since I started my town page, it has really grown. I get questions all the time all day long

But that was why I did it. I would get irritated that people didn't know what was going on - even people with kids. What the heck.

So I told myself SELF- you see a problem, so you better come up with a solution - or shut up. LOL.

They still irritate me at times, but what can you do? Like the young mom that was freaking out cuz they shut off her water due to unpaid bills, but two days later was looking to buy a puppy - :mrgreen:

Need to get with this other young person that wants to start a budget class for folks around here.....
!! I would LOVE to get involved in a Dave Ramsey-style budgeting class "Total Money Makeover" thing as a coach. People make such irrational decisions, it would be interesting to see how many could be taught to think differently and help themselves.