Reading the Alphabet

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Reading the Alphabet

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm I am not even remotely as disciplined at Jackie about this, but have read surprisingly more than expected:

A. The Artful Egg by James McClure (a murder mystery set in apartid-era South Africa)
B. The Body by Bill Bryson
C. The Crocodile Bird by Ruth Rendell
D. Dog in the Dark by Gerald Hammond
E.
F.
G. The Ghosts of Eden Park by Karen Abbott (a true story about a clever and brutal Prohibition-era bootlegger and the woman who brought his empire down)
H. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald and Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker
I. In the Valley of the Sun by Andy David (a terrific modern vampire Western that held up well to a second read)
J.
K.
L.
M.
N.
O. Operating Room Confidential: What Really Goes On When You Go Under by Paul Whang, MD & Organizing Her Life by Laura Saunders
P. The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donahue (re-read it because it's wonderful)
Q.
R.
S.
T. This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett & This Won't Hurt a Bit (can't remember author)
U.
V.
W. Whose Dog Are You? by Gerald Hammond & The Wide Night Sky by Matt Dean
X.
Y.
Z.
Ohhh, Mackie I love the way you set this up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thank you, Jackie. I had to get organized somehow. :-D It helps me to look for upcoming "letter" books online at the library.

A wonderful side effect of this is I'm using the county's online library a lot. The Libby app is way better than Overdrive was, which helps a great deal with making using the library easier.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Read "O" One Final Step. I will need to come back and edit for the author as I have forgotten.

I am on "P" right now and pretty sure that I have read this one before. Oh well, I was bound to do so sooner or later. In fact, I am going to be searching my bookshelves for "Q" at some point today.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Read the K book today: The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan, which is a wonderful little novel about a World War II British cooking contest.
Mackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I have not been reading along the alphabet, but rather I read whatever looks fascinating. However, I do have to thank all of you for listing the books you've been reading, as you are giving me great ideas for future reading. ;)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Missed "Q" until I can rummage through the bookshelves with ease. I have started "R" and so far I am finding it pretty interesting.
Jackie