Reading the Alphabet

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Reading the Alphabet

Post by Jackielou »

I started "H" last night. Hideaway by Koontz. I have read it before, but I always find something new when re-reading a book.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I'm terrible - I have not kept up with this reading at all!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I finished the book for H a few days ago and have started on the I book.

I am reading I Heard That Song Before, by Mary Higgens Clark.

I think I have either the novel Jane Eyre, or the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar on my bookshelves downs stairs (or perhaps my ereader) for J.
Jackie
rinty

Post by rinty »

I am desparate for new reading material . I am trying not to buy anything new as we've always been able to restock our reading material when we go camping. Most campsites have book swop and you woul dget 5 books for a £1 or whatever. We used to swop in school now with COVID , no chance :(

So this week delved into bookshelves and re read " The Bondmaid" by Pearl S Buck. Its set in China like her famous " the Good Earth ". I dug out all my Phillipa Gregorys, and re read The Other Boleyn Girl and The Boleyn Inheritance .

Next will be the Cadfael series by Ellis Peters . REALLY like these . It was a TV series in the early 1990s with Derek Jacobi as the monk Cadfael solving Anglo Saxons crimes . Worth a watch.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:33 pm I am desparate for new reading material . I am trying not to buy anything new as we've always been able to restock our reading material when we go camping. Most campsites have book swop and you woul dget 5 books for a £1 or whatever. We used to swop in school now with COVID , no chance :(

So this week delved into bookshelves and re read " The Bondmaid" by Pearl S Buck. Its set in China like her famous " the Good Earth ". I dug out all my Phillipa Gregorys, and re read The Other Boleyn Girl and The Boleyn Inheritance .

Next will be the Cadfael series by Ellis Peters . REALLY like these . It was a TV series in the early 1990s with Derek Jacobi as the monk Cadfael solving Anglo Saxons crimes . Worth a watch.
I finished watching Cadfael on Britbox and really enjoyed it.
Jackie
rinty

Post by rinty »

The books are even better , there are around 20 or so I think . The writing is very good and so is the historical detail x