Daily Check in Jan 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 21, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Oh I hope the squirmy feeling I have about people talking partisan politics goes away soon. I have a friend in my support group who who declared her continued support for the ex president on our group text, stating she would not watch the inauguration. Made me mad. I am not a whole-hearted Biden supporter, but an anyone but voter this year. but I am willing to see a new day and be a supporter of unity. And Peace. I am happy we are back with the WHO and the Paris accord. I am worried about people who's financial circumstances have been destroyed by Covid but also worried about inflation. But it is a new day and I am hopeful. LOL

Yesterday i was able to get out and take a 2 mile walk. Meals from home.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Jan 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile now enjoying coffee and the peace and quiet of the morning.

Maggie, according to oldest DS some people fell down the rabbit hole that is Qanon they can not believe that Trump does not have a plan, we have those here in Canada as well. Heck, there are tons of them who say the inauguration was fake cause there was no one there.

Here in my own little corner of the world things move on. I enjoyed watching the transfer of power, and thought the entertainment and speech from President Biden was, well presidential. He is really a kind and gentle man it seems. I do hope he can get many of his promises into your country.

I head out shopping and to the post office today. Lovely, for a rule follower like me venturing out into those areas is a challenge. We have those that refuse to wear a mask, refuse to follow the arrows on the floor and refuse to give the necessary physical distancing. By the time I get home I am a nervous wreak. I know I could probably do some online purchases, but I really do like to purchase my own produce, and if I need to substitute a purchase choose that myself. So I venture out masked, with hand sterilizer in tow and try and get in and out as quickly as is humanly possible. Plan on stopping to get the mail on the way home as well. Haven't done that in a few days as the weather has not been such that I would feel comfortable walking in, and I refuse to drive two and a half blocks to pick it up.

I will then be home and put everything away (need to wipe a few things down and must remember that) and if I have found a good deal on some meats this week, reportion it out, seal, and freeze.

Hope to finish decluttering the last two drawers, and perhaps start on my closet today. I did do a purge of my closet a few months ago but I am sure there are yet more things I can rid it of.

I only have a few days left in the month of May to finish on my temperature blanket. I will concentrate on getting the blanket completed for awhile. I would like to rid the area around my chair of the bagful of odds and sods of yarn that I am using. Some balls are in fact getting to the point that even I won't be tempted to keep them just in case.

There are only 5 squares left to hand quilt as well so I will finish that off hopefully this afternoon and then perhaps tomorrow sew on the binding. One quilt down, one to go.

Slowly but surely I am making way for new sanity saving projects. Word has it that by the end of this month when this series of restrictions ends, we will be having the restrictions extended once again. Not at all looking good as cases keep rising due to anti-maskers, and those who do not care to follow the directives because you know, they trample on our rights and freedoms.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover stir fry. Served with the leftover rice and since I did not make dessert last night I will make apple crumble with those apples that need using up.

Today I am grateful that I have gotten the in and out of stores as quickly as possible under control. What makes it harder is to see someone I know and would love to talk with.....

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Well decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em - so I am up and about

Elderly dog did okay last night except for early this morning. So I got up, fed him again and took him outside. The rest of the pack followed. Still drizzly out there, so messy floor time. But they are all back asleep again. I will probably need a nap

I didn't do so bad yesterday. I thought I would be dragging, but nope.

Since it is going to be another grey drizzly day, will probably just hang out at home.

Have a great day.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

My spirit is more at peace for the first time in four years. Not that I think we're even 50% through this and to hear that no vaccination plan was left for the Biden Administration (as well as no vaccine stockpile) is heartbreaking. I will get my second shot February 2 and pray that my son's phase is reached sooner rather than later (everytime I know he's out and about all I can do is pray he uses common sense).

I was speaking to my cousin this morning and she blames my recent stomach problems (GERD) on the constant negativity being shouted from the rooftops for so long :shock:

Hoping all have a nice day (cloudy and 53 forecast here so today is going to be a beef stew and cornbread kind of day) and may calm and quiet surround us all!

*edited for spelling
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello frugal people,

I, for one, am heartily sick of the political kerfuffle and media pandering. I think Trump did Some good, and I sincerely Hope that Biden does some good too. However, No Matter who is the current US President, I pray for them.

Today, I’m going to a slaughterhouse to buy the equilivent of 1/4 beef with some of our covid money. Two hours roundtrip drive-hope my left ankle survives.

I need to start walking again, as my ankles have been locking up when I sit longer than 30 minutes; or perhaps an Epsom Salts bath is in order.

Must go wake girls & bid hubby and boys goodbye.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Today is vaccination day for me. I’m nervous about both the drive and the vaccination. I plan to leave home in plenty of time to get there an hour early. This was the suggestion of a friend of a friend who had an appointment a week ago in another county. The county above me where I’ll get the vaccine does not have beaches and is not a resort area and is instead congested suburban sprawl. I could have chosen a small college more inland in that county but it would have been much further. I packed a lunch. My appointment is 2-3 p.m.

The vaccination will be a drive through. I’m not wild about that but whatever. I’ll have to wait 15-30 minutes after the shot to make sure I don’t have an allergic reaction. I’ve never had a bad reaction to a shot so fingers crossed.

My Dutch friend got her vaccination about 10 days ago at a first come, first serve location north of Orlando. Another friend has her appointment today right her in my county. Other friend is frustrated and a bit angry that she hasn’t been able to get an appointment. She never has anything good to say about government on any issue. She loves private-sector businesses. Frustrates me.

I was able to pick up my new Rx yesterday. I decided not to start taking it until next week after I get over this first vaccination. I also picked up a library book I had requested several months ago. Very apropo for the day it is a recently published coffee-table book about White House decor. I saw it reviewed in the NYT.

Pippi did not have a great morning. We got up at 5:30 for her breakfast but unlike most days she continued to meow. I wish I knew what she wanted. She is finally content and sleeping on my bed. Some days I just don’t know. She is continuing to lose weight. All I can do is pray that I make the right decisions for her.

I’ll try to post when I get home from my vaccination, probably around 5.

Stay safe.