Daily Check in Wednesday February 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Daily Check in Wednesday February 17, 2021

Post by ownedbydogs »

Hello to you all. Just waiting on my ride to my appointment for a cat scan at 8:15 at the hospital. Checking why I am having gastric problems. Better with the antibotics he gave me, so don’t think it is anything serious. 21 degrees here this morning, but son in law and I are early morning people for appointments. Don’t like to waste a day waiting for an after noon one. My daughter, his wife is the exact opposite and always likes to sleep in. Lol
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Wednesday February 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Hope your cat scan goes well Owned.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up and at em this morning, with a rather large list of things that need to be done as quickly as possible. I am hoping to be done all my errands and back home so I am not pulling over on the road and trying to get information from the surgical nurse.

That's right I finally have a date for my surgery!!! It will take place on the 26th of this month as long as there is not a big increase in Covid-19 cases, or lots of emergency surgeries. So keep your fingers crossed for me that things work out. This has been a very long time coming and I am actually more excited about it happening than worried right now.

So today I plan on doing a fairly large and expensive stock up. I know Hubby does not like shopping and neither for love nor money can he follow a grocery list unless I itemize everything with cost, flavour, size, and items exact name. That is way too much trouble. I shall try to get all that we need for at least three weeks today (well other than milk, surely he could pick up milk and yogurt on his own.....).

So this will be a very spendy day, and as Hubby has an eye appointment another spendy day on Friday. Next week with a hotel stay for two nights and eating out both days will put my streak of no spending pretty much at the lower end of what I wanted to achieve. Oh well there is always March.

Even though the temperature is rising, and it would be beautiful for a walk outside, I will be doing my frugal exercise inside for awhile yet. I am managing to get in at least 11K steps just walking around the house. Not too bad. I do take one day off a week, but still manage to get around the 7K mark.

Other frugal happenings will be me using up what I can in fridge, freezer and cupboard and working on my various projects, finishing as many as I can. I need to get as much decluttered and tidied/cleaned as possible as well.

Supper tonight was going to be me pulling a pre made meal from the freezer to use up, instead I will be making hamburgers that I found to use up those patties that have been in the freezer for awhile. With that will be coleslaw, and a some hash brown patties.

Today I am grateful that my long wait could actually be over.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good luck with the test and your results. Hope they can find something that can be easily fixed.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is ( 2 F) (35.6 C) and we are expecting snow but only an inch. The high will be around
(18 F ) (64.4 C). We are going to be going in to a warmup towards the week-end. As much as I love snow I do not like the deep cold and the inability to get out. My road is ok but my driveway is still covered in snow drifts. It is long so I cannot shovel it out except little spots here and there for Teddi to get out.

Nothing much going on here today, It is Ash Wed. I have to laugh about the time I was doing my clinicals on Ash Wed and I was at the Jewish Center for the Aged. A huge place. I had gone to mass before going to work and had the cross on my forehead. I did not think about that until all of the sweet little Jewish ladies were telling me, " Honey you have a smudge on your forehead." lol.

Have a good day. Stay safe and warm. Keeping those in need in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, that's great news! I hope everything goes off without a hitch. Owned, I hope all goes well for you too.

Janet, Ash Wednesday is something I deeply love, but I can't find a Protestant church doing it this year, and I am completely at sea with the Catholic liturgy. I will miss it greatly.

I came home from work yesterday to find that DH was having chills and fever. We're not sure if he may have contracted Covid again -- it's been almost exactly seven months since he had it -- or if the antibiotics for his infected toe are not doing the job. I think he's going to get tested again and he should call the podiatrist about his toe. I sent him a text a while ago about what to look for with his toe (red streaks), so we'll see how it goes.

It's warming up a little here. Right now we're at yesterday's high of 23 F. and I'm hoping things get above freezing in time for some sustained sunshine to dry the roads.

I hope things are improving for everyone with this bitter weather, especially our Texas friends. Sending you all virtual hugs this morning (((HUGS)))
Mackie