Daily Check in February 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in February 21, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

People - can you believe it - it is a scorching 77 degrees here!!!

I sat outside to enjoy it and fell asleep. Felt so good.

Finally got the courage to wash my hair. We have hot water, but i was scared it would shut off while i was rinsing it out. Finally said what the heck and jumped in there. What a relief.

And since it is such a hassle to wash it, I went ahead and just chopped off about five inches. What a relief.

I feel so much better with clean hair.

There is a meme going around called "I joined the shower club!".

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 pm
Very strange.

I haven't received any texts from family since yesterday. I finally decided to call - and the family group has been texting. Something going on with mine. I do have two phones and can text from one to the other. One is ATT and the other is Consumer Cellular

Called my sister and shocked to find out that my brother and his girlfriend are now both infected with the virus.

Her BIL died a few days ago from it and they had gotten tested. Were negative but probably tested too soon. Repeated the test and it showed positive. Looks to be mild for now.

This is nuts.
Sorry to hear your brother and GF are now positive.....ugh...never ending. I hope you have a better appetite now Clem. Rest and eat....:)

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:39 pm
good morning,

Getting my first shot Thursday, it's an hour away from me. I go to Kaiser and it's the closest one.

DH and I will take a drive out today to see where it is, save me time on Thursday.

Deck and backyard are almost done, very excited.

He is building a platform near the pool equipment, it will be "movable" with 2-4 people if need be. It will be about 1000#'s. The deck guy will come out to help if it needs to be moved.

The pool leak people will be back out this Friday, hopefully to resolve the leak problem , they may need to scuba in the pool $150.00 an hour.

DH and I think that the leak may be near the pool light, it has never really been right, had trouble since 1986 when the pool was built, it's ok with DH and I if they need to just seal it off, I don't know if that is possible or not. if so we will just tell about the light if we ever sell.

Also for an extra $600 he will remove the hot tub, DH bought it in 2000 for $3500 it hasn't worked in years, YEAH for me, it's going to open the back yard up.

Sorry about the positive post when so many people are suffering.

IC
Don't be sorry for a positive post IC....we are all SO glad when anyone has something nice going on.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from mom’s house. I started raking the front yard and neighbor came over to say he was going to go over the yard with the mower and bag the leaves on Wednesday and he’d do mine, too. I’m so thankful! Even though it is his trees making the mess, I’ll get them a gift card or something.

So I moved to the backyard and raked eight, almost nine bags, which was the bulk of the leaves. In the back, I get leaves on only about a third of the yard. (Neighbor on the other side had a big oak - mostly dead - cut down in their back yard right before mom died. We used to get a ton of leaves from that tree so I’m glad it’s gone.) I’ll go over there tomorrow afternoon and put out six bags for Tuesday’s trash.

I did not go to Publix. Honestly I did not feel like going to mom’s house but pushed myself and now I’m glad I got the backyard done and ran into the neighbor. I felt like doing my puzzle which I’m doing right now.

floridacatlover

icfrugal1 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:39 pm
good morning,

Getting my first shot Thursday, it's an hour away from me. I go to Kaiser and it's the closest one.

DH and I will take a drive out today to see where it is, save me time on Thursday.

Deck and backyard are almost done, very excited.

He is building a platform near the pool equipment, it will be "movable" with 2-4 people if need be. It will be about 1000#'s. The deck guy will come out to help if it needs to be moved.

The pool leak people will be back out this Friday, hopefully to resolve the leak problem , they may need to scuba in the pool $150.00 an hour.

DH and I think that the leak may be near the pool light, it has never really been right, had trouble since 1986 when the pool was built, it's ok with DH and I if they need to just seal it off, I don't know if that is possible or not. if so we will just tell about the light if we ever sell.

Also for an extra $600 he will remove the hot tub, DH bought it in 2000 for $3500 it hasn't worked in years, YEAH for me, it's going to open the back yard up.

Sorry about the positive post when so many people are suffering.

IC
Your backyard sounds great!

floridacatlover

clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:40 pm
People - can you believe it - it is a scorching 77 degrees here!!!

I sat outside to enjoy it and fell asleep. Felt so good.

Finally got the courage to wash my hair. We have hot water, but i was scared it would shut off while i was rinsing it out. Finally said what the heck and jumped in there. What a relief.

And since it is such a hassle to wash it, I went ahead and just chopped off about five inches. What a relief.

I feel so much better with clean hair.

There is a meme going around called "I joined the shower club!".
How many days has it been with Covid? Do you think you are pretty much over it - at least the main part of it? Are you tired? My friend’s DH in his mid-70s who had it got his energy back fairly fast but their DD with asthma was very tired for a long time (even though she was pretty fit) and said she could not even walk around the block.