Daily Check In February 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In February 22, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, we three are introverts too. DH and DS are really not comfortable with many people at all. I am the most outgoing and this has stretched even my sociability gene. :-D

We really just want him to make a success of the basics: food, shelter, transportation, working, and taking care of his physical and mental health. He's still being evaluated for disability, which he really should have gotten years ago, so we have fingers crossed that he receives those benefits soon.
Mackie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

My list of Monday chores is completed and a bit later I plan on getting some of tomorrows list done, just so I can move some of Wednesdays mess onto tomorrows.

Taking a bit of a break from sewing some more masks and will get back to that shortly. I am having coffee and then will do some walking around the house.

I have my grocery list and errand list completed but will add to it as I go.

Off to finish my coffee, have a bit of a walk about in the house and then finish the last two of the 5 new masks I have made. I will just have to thread elastic through and I will be done.

Beverley

Post by Beverley »

G'd Afternoon, Frugals,

Ii am just now coming out of a bad arthritis flare that has been happening for the past week or so. This time it affected me knee areas a lot and they were quite stiff. Now they have finally loosened up. Yesterday especially I really hurt from head to toe. I am not really sure what triggered the flare, it's been awhile since I have had one this bad.

The weather is lovely today. A balmy day in the low 70's which I welcome. I do love winter but being chilly a lot makes my arthritic flares much worse. I have done some work in the yard, still trying to clean up debris from the major wind storm several weeks ago. We will be getting wind again in a few days but hopefully not as bad and messy as the last one.

This week will almost feel like normal. Dental appointment tomorrow, lab work and BP check on Wednesday and a dinner date with a couple of friends on Thursday. I am looking forward to it. I am due to get my first covid vaccine a week from tomorrow. And then presumably the second one on April2nd. After that I hope to be free from the bondage of this pandemic by being able to get out and do things again. I know I will still need to mask up and distance but the idea that I can di things in person will be nice.

I am, however planning to keep my life unbusy as it has been this past year. I do not intend to return to work or bowling. With my worsening arthritis I need to limit what I can do and not feel the pressure of having to get things done ASAP. The ability to go at my own pace has really reduced the stress in my life.

Well back to the yardwork. Take care everyone.

Bev

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

beautiful afternoon here - 77 degrees!

I've done a small bit of sweeping around the cat litter area. Cleaned up all the wee wee pads and put out new ones. Got mop water ready, but won't be mopping yet.

I feel better today. Even cooked. Did i mention that already?

They had a good turnout at the food bank. Almost 600 families showed up

People still looking for plumbing parts.

The COD is sleeping. Which is good. He needs to rest.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Griddy is a company and app that allows their customers to pay wholesale prices for energy usage with is usually about 20 percent less than retail. But you pay the cost. During the storm the wholesale cost exploded because of shortages since the grid had no stores and had to get it where they could.

In the norm we have a fixed and occasionally variable cost we pay for electric based on kzh. I.aversge as a pretty cold blooded person between 65 and 75 per hour. Mine went over a hundred the three days of rolling outtages. Like I say the hour on and off she'd paper for the company but mafe my cooling appliances pretty much run full time the whole on hour. Us I have electric heat which ain't cheap. So it'll be up but not like those other people and yes probably by april.rates will go up as well.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:20 pm
beautiful afternoon here - 77 degrees!

I've done a small bit of sweeping around the cat litter area. Cleaned up all the wee wee pads and put out new ones. Got mop water ready, but won't be mopping yet.

I feel better today. Even cooked. Did i mention that already?

They had a good turnout at the food bank. Almost 600 families showed up

People still looking for plumbing parts.

The COD is sleeping. Which is good. He needs to rest.
Clem, so glad you are feeling better. Do still go easy though.