Daily Check In February 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In February 22, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:06 pm
Yes, he is. It's been almost 13 months that's he's been with us. If all goes well tomorrow, he will get his driver's license and DH will take him to the next town south to buy his Honda motor scooter so that he has his own transportation.

Then the next move is he goes to the extended stay motel just down the main road from our neighborhood. He hasn't asked about their rates -- it's a shabby place so I hope he can afford it. People do live there for years, though. It's still considered insecure housing because there's no lease, so he will still qualify for the health care he gets through the homeless shelter in town.

We do love him and care about HB, but it's been hard on DS, who is a light sleeper and whose bedroom is next to the den where HB has been sleeping. HB is loud and he's up and down all night. He really needs a place of his own and he admits that he should have moved out long ago. But Covid threw a major monkey wrench into everything because he could not get into offices to get any of his lost documents straightened out for nearly a year.
Mackie, you and your family are the very best. What a Godsend to your HB.

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apre midi toute le monde!

I had a couple of good cups of coffee for breakfast this morning. My friend came by around noon and we went and got the insurance put on the car. I then took my monthly income statement in to the disability office, got a cold drink and took my little drive to the small town near here. I wanted to make sure that after the car sat there for so long without a battery charge that driving would fully charge it. It also gave me a nice 40 minutes to sing along to and listen to my John Mayer CDs. (I love that guy's music!!)

The route I took for my little drive brought me back into town on the road that runs by my grocery store. I had enough money to get eggs, hot dog buns, French fries and hash browns. The French fries and hash browns were on sale so that was a bonus!! Now I can go back to having a hot dog for lunch tomorrow!!

The weather here today is gorgeous! 5C/40F. I was able to drive around town with the window open and get some fresh air. I even took off my coat when I went on my little drive. It's supposed to snow overnight and then get back to being warm again tomorrow during the day. I like that!!

I have the dishwasher mostly loaded and will finish loading it after supper and then run it. I haven't done anything else besides read the news, run my errands, get groceries and come home. I may make a cake after supper tonight.

Supper tonight will be a couple of eggs and hash browns.

So glad to hear that Texas is warming up. I hope all the water worries are done by the end of the month. I heard and read about Griddy. They notified customers that they could change their power company BUT most power companies were not taking new customers due to the disaster. UGH!

All the best to everyone today!

MJ
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening,

Well, I saw yesterday an email about changing up schedules for work. We do have 24x7 and I got worried. I said a little prayer and today I got 2 phone calls from recruiters. Wow.

I don't think I told you all, Mom and Dad got settled in their condo and they said it was big with a second bedroom and I was welcome to come. So Saturday I will drive down. I am trying to get a few days off.

Other wise, I finished cutting apart t-shirts now I need to iron on the stabilizer. I donated blood this evening and did not make it to my support group meeting, so A quiet night at home. Tomorrow I will have dinner with DS1 & family.

Have a great day,
Maggie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

The fiancé was able to scrape off a good bit of the ice in the drive/parking area! and threw some salt so I can make it to the garage and about much easier.

He has not only been plowing drives but one of the propane companies had him plow paths to 10 different tanks...people running out of propane and could not get to the tanks. No wonder he is worn out.

Salad and loaded baked potato for supper...it was sooooo good. Baked potato is such a good choice because I can put just darn near anything on it and be happy.

Tax appointment in the AM...just want it over with.

JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm
Good Evening,

Well, I saw yesterday an email about changing up schedules for work. We do have 24x7 and I got worried. I said a little prayer and today I got 2 phone calls from recruiters. Wow.

I don't think I told you all, Mom and Dad got settled in their condo and they said it was big with a second bedroom and I was welcome to come. So Saturday I will drive down. I am trying to get a few days off.

Other wise, I finished cutting apart t-shirts now I need to iron on the stabilizer. I donated blood this evening and did not make it to my support group meeting, so A quiet night at home. Tomorrow I will have dinner with DS1 & family.

Have a great day,
Maggie
OMG - sounds so nice. Hope you get to go.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm
Good Evening,

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, I also really hope you are able to get the days off. I’m sure that your parents have told you that we are having beautiful weather. Bring your shorts!