Daily Check In February 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 22, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Morning all. Just getting us started.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 22, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am really enjoying this first cup of coffee this morning. Tastes and smells wonderful.

Lots to do today however I am putting a couple of usual Monday chores on hold until Wednesday which will be a very busy day. There are a couple of small chores that I will move over to early Thursday (paying bills for one) if I do not get them accomplished that day. Also one or two I noticed that I will get rid of completely, they can be done when I get home if I feel up to sitting and folding rags.

Once again the weather is supposed to be wonderful. In fact it is just below freezing right now. I am really looking forward to this break in our weather. How long it will last is another story. March is a notoriously bad month for winter weather going on. Many a blizzard has occurred at this time. We are as prepared as we can be I guess. At least if we have a blizzard I am glad to have the excuse that I can stay home, nice and cozy.

I got my dress completed yesterday afternoon and the masks ready to be sewn up today. Hopefully those will be done and I can move on to cutting out another pattern, this one for another dress. More a summer one this time around with fabric from my stash that I have probably owned for a number of years.

Project bags will be made up today and put beside my chair. Since that chair is really comfortable but hard to get in and out of, when I get home the bags will be moved to somewhere near the sectional which will be easier for me to use for the first while.

It will be a no spend day and one in which I will be doing further research on a couple of subjects. I will also print out the do's and don'ts of this operation and write down a few questions for the doctor.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover ham warmed up and served with cauliflower, green beans and a salad.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Jackie I just want you to know that I wish all the best for you. You have waited so long for this surgery and it is daunting now that the date is near. I strongly encourage you to take a list of questions for your doctor because sometimes your emotions come into play and you forget to ask the questions you would like answers for.

We had another light dusting of snow so that gives Dh a task to keep him bu.sy for awhile. I have a doctor’s appointment myself this morning and I also have to go for bloodwork, so depending on the wait time it could take most of the morning. I am hoping for some clarification about the PMS2 gene mutation that I inherited, and the implications for our daughters.

I have nothing urgent that needs to be accomplished today, aside from my usual dailies. I have mainly leftovers for dinner so it makes for a very easy day. I may do more genealogy research.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

Another beautiful day. What a difference in the weather. People were in shorts yesterday. Not me of course. But I did wear jeans and a top. No more pajamas.

Today it will again be in the high 70s. More sunbathing. I fell asleep out there yesterday. But felt so energized.

Most everyone now has power but some folks still no water. Many due to busted water lines and a shortage of parts. That is one thing facebook is good for. People finding out where they can find some, others purging their supplies and giving them away. The only thing is - can you yourself fix it or do you need help? One church did go around fixing people's plumbing the morning after we got most of the water.

Still having issues with food supply. The COD went around looking for bottled water - none. No milk either. I think I have one more day of milk left for my coffee. He barely found a pack of tortillas. No bread anywhere.

There is a big food bank delivery today. I would normally go help, but i'm not going to go spread cooties around. I do feel a lot better. Slept well last night.

Now just hoping we can get water, milk and bread today. the simple things you know - :mrgreen:

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I sent almost an hour on the phone canceling my ride today. And rescheduling my ride for Wednesday. I also scheduled a ride for my appointment for March 8

I do need to call my Doctors to see if I need to reschedule that appointment.

I started a towel wash. I have 2 of them. Tomorrow I hope to be able to wash my hair and change the bed. But I want to be caught up on laundry first.

As of 8:30 I am still under a boil water advisory. I suspect it will be until the furthest reach of the area has passed inspection. The water tanks and well are just down the street a block or so. The far northern part of the county had water problems the longest.

The last area in the city just got water yesterday. So it might be a couple of days more. Though I am sure my water is OK, I am not taking any chances.

Tomorrow I will have more than one bag of trash and garbage.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I'm having a case of the Mondays, having left the house without a mask or my coffee break snack. I do keep a work-issued mask in the bottom of my handbag as a back-up, but I hate the thing because it's made out of some kind of heavy poly fabric and it is tough to breathe while wearing it.

It was pouring rain down in buckets this morning, which made for a slow and cautious commute to work. I was ten minutes late, but better late than in an accident is my philosophy. I work through lunch every day, so a few minutes late on the front end does not hurt my conscience much at all. We do not have to clock in. There was some talk about having those of us who manage the dorms clock in on our computers, but it never has happened. Which is a good thing since my work computer is so old it takes it a good ten minutes to get up and running. :-D

My work lunches this week are "use it up" cottage pie, which was made with some TVP granules instead of ground beef, some condensed beef-mushroom soup I bought early in the pandemic when I couldn't get beef broth, the last of a couple of bags of frozen vegetables, some frozen onions, and a double handful of little bitty potatoes. I peeled and diced the tiny potatoes and added them to the pie instead of mashing them for a topping, and then topped it with some frozen grated cheddar. It turned out really good. Even better, I'm starting to see space in the freezer again as we're using the last bits and bobs of things.

We had a nice weekend: did not do a lot and just enjoyed each other's company. That it's warming up and was sunny helped everyone's mood a great deal.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie