Daily Check in February 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in February 23, 2021

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 pm Bonne apres midi toute le monde!
I'm no hand at reading French. What does your greeting mean in English?
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

We have had glorious sunshine all day!!! It has been wonderful...Hoping the snow is gone before the weekend so I can get to the wood stack. The one I am using off of now will be gone by then I am sure.

House chores are done and I am just relaxing...probably salad and baked potato again tonight. Nothing sounds good.

MJ, I started watching those proceedings also...turned it off because it is crazy the way things are being portrayed and "justified". I watched it in real time Jan 6th, there is no justification.

I am tempted to go to the car wash tomorrow, my SUV looks like I have been mudding and I really haven't. :lol:
Clem, I envy you being able to soak up that sun...you enjoy!!
JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Well, I had a shower and that woke me up some. I was so tired I got into the shower wearing my eyeglasses. What a doofus!

I just finished the laundry and now have filled the dishwasher and turned it on.

I used a BMI calculator here on the computer and was horrified. Well, I knew it wouldn't be good. My doc told me that when I started the thyroid pills. Just keep plugging along. . .

Not much else to report. I'm hoping for a nice sunny day tomorrow but I'll take what I can get.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm Hello friends,

I have been trying to get our tax stuff ready to send to our accountant, over the past couple of days. Now, today, I'm unable to get my scan-to-computer to work. :( I'm trying a few things, before I give up and go to the library to see if they have a scanner I can use--will scan to my email if I need to.

Last weekend was the 4A State Wrestling Championships, and my son's team won!!! <3 Dh & I heard later that it was been 22 years since this high school won the state wrestling title. I am thrilled that Dh & I were able to go!!
Besides ds18, I had two nephews' teams (plus 18 other schools) competing for the state title. One nephew got dumped hard on his head & neck and received a severe concussion, among other injuries, from being pinned hard. I felt smug on Dn's behalf when one of our kids pinned that kid who hurt Dn.

Not much going on here, other than I have been ignoring housework, laundry, etc. in my efforts to get our records updated for taxes.

I did get haircut today--I love it!! I also got a coupon for $2 off my next haircut, and I have 2 months before expiration.

I'm grateful for sunshine, just hopeful of more snow in future--our outside temps & view is more like what we would see in late March-early April usually.
The Iphone works well to take a picture of a document and give you a good copy. there is a setting for scanning, I want to say the Notes app.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm Well, I had a shower and that woke me up some. I was so tired I got into the shower wearing my eyeglasses. What a doofus!

I just finished the laundry and now have filled the dishwasher and turned it on.

I used a BMI calculator here on the computer and was horrified. Well, I knew it wouldn't be good. My doc told me that when I started the thyroid pills. Just keep plugging along. . .

Not much else to report. I'm hoping for a nice sunny day tomorrow but I'll take what I can get.

MJ
OMG - i've done that before. Get in the shower and go to wash my hair - glasses are up there - lol
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm I'm no hand at reading French. What does your greeting mean in English?
Gayle, it means, "Good afternoon, everyone."

French is delightful to deconstruct because it's such a quirky language. Toute le monde literally translates to "all the world" but figuratively means "everyone." It makes me smile every time I see it because it's so expansive and formal at the same time. Nothing like a casual "y'all" at all. :)
Mackie