Daily Check in February 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in February 23, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The boil water advisory for my part of the city hasn’t been lifted yet, well as of 8:40 am.

I have washed my hair, I have the clean bottom sheet on my bed. I will wait to wash the sheets. My section of the city still does not have safe drinking water. I am still under the boil water advisory.

I put out my trash, I had 2 big bags one small one. I am sure I still have more. I am not taking the time to look right now. I am rotating water bottles, putting the new ones, I was given in the cupboard and using my oldest bottles first.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The sun is starting to shine. It will be a warm day - thank goodness.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I did not sleep well again last night. Yesterday I took an hour nap in the afternoon and it helped so much and I hope I can do it again today.

I planned to do two small tasks this morning, each of which I thought would take 5-10 minutes online, and so far I’m batting zero. First, I wanted to order a $50 Walmart gift card for neighbor for taking care of the leaves in the front yard. Easy, right? Nope. The only physical Walmart gift cards that can be ordered online are $10. For larger denominations you have to get e-gift cards. That’s not what I want. (Yes, I’m old fashioned.) Even years ago when mom wanted to give Walmart gift cards to the neighbor, the store had a poor selection but at least I could get the basic ones. I’m rethinking what to do. (I’m not going into Walmart.) Second, I wanted to schedule my mammogram. Online scheduling does not seem to be working at least for my location. I tried calling but was on a long hold so gave up. I’ll try this afternoon.

But another task which I thought would take a long phone call and involves much more money was easy as pie. When the pandemic started, I had to take a credit from Delta for my ticket to Copenhagen. When I logged into my account, the money never showed up. It was almost impossible to reach customer service at that time but when I did he said just give my frequent flier # when I wanted to rebook. Still I wondered if I’d have problems. Well of course I’m not ready to travel but I’m “thinking” about it probably for next year. I logged in this morning and the money is there. I have until Dec. 2022 to use it.

Pippi has her appointment this afternoon. I have to give her her sedative soon. I’m hoping the vet nurse can put the Mirataz on her ear again. Pippi still seems happy (although agitated at times) and I’m hoping she’ll still be with me for awhile.

I finished watching Nomadland and enjoyed it even though they changed a lot from the book. I watched the first episode of Mrs. America about Phyllis Schaffley, the conservative woman who was against the Equal Rights Amendment. I remember her and never liked her, thought she was a fake and so far I agree. It’s good so far and there are nine episodes.

Stay safe, warm and healthy.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I get Walmart gift cards at the little Walmart gas stations, which are open air. That's how I buy gas: buy and refill a gift card and save 3 cents a gallon. You can put any amount on them. I just write the amount on the front with a Sharpie.

I have a little one-page newsletter about how things are done in quarantine and isolation that I give out to the students, and I just spent a while updating it since we now have kids in two different dorms and a lot of new phone numbers for them to call. That was fun. I like doing little things like that. It harks back to my old newspaper days. :)
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

Have had my tax prep appointment, it went very smooth :) I had myself all worked up because of the transfer of dads house into my name and other things from the estate...not an issue so was happy about that. I go back in a week to sign and finish.

I also stopped at the greenhouse for my employment application, basic stuff.
Gassed up my vehicle and got the dog his special treat food, I mix it with his kibble and chicken and rice. I only use 1/4 can at a time. My dog is spoiled :roll: but I just love him so much. He knows it.

The sun is shining and it is trying to warm up....hopefully Spring has Sprung.

Trying to get a vaccine appointment for next week, I was advised to wait 7 days after falling and bonking my head.
Usual house chores today and hopefully I can make it to the wood stack .I would like to get some brought in and have it ready.

Off to do ????

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 am FloridaCat, I get Walmart gift cards at the little Walmart gas stations, which are open air. That's how I buy gas: buy and refill a gift card and save 3 cents a gallon. You can put any amount on them. I just write the amount on the front with a Sharpie.

I have a little one-page newsletter about how things are done in quarantine and isolation that I give out to the students, and I just spent a while updating it since we now have kids in two different dorms and a lot of new phone numbers for them to call. That was fun. I like doing little things like that. It harks back to my old newspaper days. :)
Good tip, Mackie, but surprisingly there is only one Walmart gas station in my county and it’s in a congested area not near me. We have quite a few Walmart super centers and neighborhood markets. There is a Sam’s Club with gas pumps not too far from me. I may give them a call.