Daily Check-In for March 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check-In for March 1, 2021

Post by rinty »

ahAh Jackie, maybe now is the time to retrain your DH ? I'm lucky , I married an older man who had looked after himself .

Got given 3 pretty handmade masks, so SCORE by someone who admires that I always wear them .

Also found out I have two more months of a big paycheque , so Life is Good.

I haven't called or contacted the social worker, told Dh I didn't have the mental energy and he backed away smartish ;) The man is no fool.

Creative I didn't know you worked in a group home ! Bet you were fabululous !

Dinner was leftover enchiladas though I did make a big salad . Too irritable to cook !

Did a load of "extra " stuff at work ( housekeeping , really ) that will make things more pleasant once the hordes are back. also paperwork which I utterly loathe especially when its " busywork " or just doing something cos your line manager feels the urge.

Tomorrrow a performance review ( woot ! ) and more busy work !

Janet, a Lateral Flow Test is a covid test , the one where you swab your own throat and nose, then do the test using fluids and gubbins provided , then you wait 30 mins for a result which you then log with TEST AND TRACE national centre, then THEY contact you to agree the result . We do it twice a week . DGSDGS 14 does it at his school too. Bless him.

Tomorrow a big pot of homemade soup and rolls . Might even make a batch of mint brownies to wipe out the last of the candy canes , it si March after all.

Look after yourselves x

Clem , hugs to your brother
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, mint brownies sound wonderful!

I have had a quiet workday -- only seven minutes left of it -- and have been highly virtuous. Instead of twiddling my thumbs when I ran out of work, I did two and half hours of mind-numbing online training. The film training on "corporate budgeting for non-finance professionals" nearly did me in. I made a 39 on the pre-test: could have done better randomly punching answers! I finally opened a screen to definitions of whatever the heck they were talking about and dragged my final score up to 81. Good enough.

Going to head home, eat something and do some more sewing on HB's ragged quilt.

Clem, I hope your brother feels better soon. That's such a weird, wicked virus.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 pm Rinty, mint brownies sound wonderful!

I have had a quiet workday -- only seven minutes left of it -- and have been highly virtuous. Instead of twiddling my thumbs when I ran out of work, I did two and half hours of mind-numbing online training. The film training on "corporate budgeting for non-finance professionals" nearly did me in. I made a 39 on the pre-test: could have done better randomly punching answers! I finally opened a screen to definitions of whatever the heck they were talking about and dragged my final score up to 81. Good enough.

Going to head home, eat something and do some more sewing on HB's ragged quilt.

Clem, I hope your brother feels better soon. That's such a weird, wicked virus.
It is weird. One day you feel great and the next can barely move. And then you worry that you will get worse.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Clem, sending good thoughts to your brother. I hope that he improves soon.

I have been irritable and cranky and worse all day. It is my father in me. Is it awful to say that I love Pippi but I’m totally frustrated with her. I cannot put a glass of water my my chair but she comes and drinks from the glass. I try to keep it covered but I fail as in just now. If it is iced tea she goes crazy wanting it because she sipped some one time. And then there is the bathroom. She always wants to drink out of the faucet including when I’m putting in my eye drops. She’s so picky about her food(but has been eating better). I’m not going to cater to her as much as I’ve been doing.

I went to mom’s house and worked and got tired and that was good for me. Front yard was still covered with leaves and neighbor said he did go over it this weekend. I believe him because the leaves still were coming down as I raked. He said he’d go over it again in a few days but I said I’d rake to get the bulk of them. Not a perfect job but I got a lot of them raked.

I saw the neighbor across the street (mid-80s with heart problems). He said he had his two vaccine doses. I’m glad for him. He’s a veteran so probably did not have to go through the convoluted county appointment system.

I’m treating myself to a frozen pizza tonight and it is done.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I have most of the floors cleaned, stuff dusted and tabletop mats changed out for fresh spring mats, and dresser scarves.

I did get side-tracked by the renter/friend, she had to call and brag that she had seen the married boyfriend. He fed her some story that the reason she hadn't seen or heard from him was because he had been in the hospital and rehab. Since Christmas :?
I happen to know that none of that is true but I absolutely say nothing, after being an anti-vaxer and telling me how dumb it is for me to get the vaccine, NOW she is saying she is going to get it because of the boyfriend :roll: You cannot make this stuff up. I stay quiet and let her ramble until I can't stand it and then I tell her I have to go.

Trash gathered and ready for pick up tomorrow, the roll dumpster is at dads house, I pay for it and DD and renter use it also. I can't accumulate enough trash to make it worth it for just me.

I think a big salad and pickled beets for supper tonight. Tomorrow I take DD for her scope, she is doing really well but she needs to follow the prescribed diet...she has a really hard time doing that diet. Bland.

Lots of sun today, but cold....mud everywhere.
Mackie, how did HB's scooter turn out?

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Thanks Florida.

Yes vets o ER 65 years of age around here can go to the military hospital and get their shots.

Sorry about your cat. Yes it can get frustrating. I let my old pup wander all over the house today. Hope he gets it out of his system and won’t wander tonight.