Daily Check in March 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 26, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

It is Friday, so I have my laundry going. NO big plans for after work. W few more weeks until I am fully vaccinated. This weekend is DGS's 4th birthday. I am going there for lunch tomorrow. They are having a party Sunday. Now the weather says it will be nice and they will be able to be outside, So I just may go.

DS1 called last night, he said to check in. He said grandma called him about the death of the family friend/cousin-like guy who died this week. I have not spent much time with him in the last 20 years or so. It's sad. I feel bad for his Dad and his daughters. But I discussed my thoughts about getting a new motorized sit-stand desk and he said he'd be happy to help get it up into my second floor apartment.

That is all the news from here.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in March 26, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I am up and having coffee....drinking slowly and carefully because I don't need it to upset my stomach issues. :?
Sleep was broken and fitful because of the weather, loud howling winds. But so far I have not seen any damage. I need to go out and look behind the garage.
It is very dark and dreary this AM, twinkle lights will be turned on today.

My dog used the potty pads and the throw rug last night....he usually does when the weather is bad. I have the rug washing now.
I will be cleaning and baking the last pumpkin today, pureeing and freezing the pulp.
Because of the weather, my day will be spent inside. Tomorrow we hope to have our first hot dog roast in the woods. Something to look forward too.
Off to do ???

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I called the a/c company to reschedule the final check-up for this afternoon. Pippi has her vet appointment at 3:00 so I told them after 3:45. Fingers crossed that they get here around 4. Then the a/c company has to call my small city to schedule the building inspector. If my roof inspection is any indication, that will take awhile to schedule. I hate dealing with stuff like this. I can see the benefits of renting.

My decluttering today will focus on my biggest lower kitchen cabinet. My upper cabinets and drawers are in good shape (but I’m sure I could find things to declutter there). But this lower cabinet is a hodgepodge. I have several very nice tall vases that were gifts and I never use them so I’m going to see if mom’s neighbor wants them and, if not, I’ll give them to a nicer thrift store connected to a Christian school near mom’s house.

I started a 500-piece puzzle and I’m half finished. One of the a/c guys said he was a puzzler. I’ve been gathering a stack of puzzles to donate. I’d like to give them to the library but right now they aren’t taking donations. If that doesn’t open up, I’ll ask my Dutch friend if the recreation building in her community wants them. She has told me they have puzzles.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, don't you know puzzle companies have just been happily amazed at how their business skyrocketed in the past year?

Our wicked weather was mostly over by 2 p.m. yesterday, when the university let the staff go home early. I did not complain about that, though. :-D I went home and curled up on the living room sofa with the little dogs and had a long nap. There was a short storm burst again after dark, but the evening was quiet.

Had the last of the egg salad for supper with carrots and a glass of wine. I stayed up a bit late to finish reading "Nomadland" and keep an ear tuned to changes in the weather, but slept well after that.

I'm glad it's Friday. There was yet another Zoom staff meeting yesterday, at which they like to do "ice breakers" that take up the first half hour. I am a cranky person who likes short meetings and don't feel the need to get to warm and fuzzy with people inside the little box on my desk. :-D

Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I was worried that I would wake up to snow covered lawns and vehicles today. Whew, at least that hasn't happened. I did wake up to below freezing temperatures, and the knowledge that snow definitely could be falling this morning. The skies are pretty leaden and the clouds seem pretty low in the sky. Youngest DS had quite the blizzard yesterday, and from what I saw lots of snow. Hubby is wondering if that would be a good excuse to tell him that he should stay in the plague ridden city. Once again I asked if that meant he would scrub the floors and clean the bathroom. Once again no answer was forthcoming. I am hoping that the next 5 or 6 days of not nice weather clears out before Easter. I would love a really nice sit outside and visit Easter. I want my deck furniture out.

Not sure what today will bring. I may lay out the quilt on the floor and add the border to the sides just so I can decide if I want to do that or not. I know I will thread the elastics through the casing on the masks, and do some light household tasks. Of course there is always cooking to do, dishes to wash that can't be put in the dishwasher, and going for walks.

I cut out some Peep bunny shapes from some pink felt I had and plan on making a bunting I just might make a couple of Easter toys for Eiko as well. I have quite a bit of pink felt leftover. I will put it away and figure out another use for it very soon.

There are a couple of donation bags in the hallway. Neither is very heavy so I may make a trip to the Salvation second hand store to drop them off, and since I will be there perhaps even go in for a peek. It has been a long time since I entered a second hand store. Who knows perhaps something interesting will appear.

Also as I am almost finished the "R" book and I can bend a bit better, I will make the effort to see if there is a "Q" book on my book shelves.

Supper tonight is going to be glace/potatoes and eggs. This is comfort food to me and the boys, Hubby on the other hand never had this until we married. However he seems to really like it. When people ask me to explain I say it's like large egg noodles boiled with diced potatoes, covered in fried onions and served with fried eggs. Cholesterol laden, but oh so good.

Today I am grateful for the slow and steady movement towards getting our first vaccination.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I think I slept okay. I feel good this morning. The only thing is that I no longer crave my coffee. I used to drink two big mugs now I can't even handle half of a smaller one. Wonder what happened?

Oh well.

The only thing I know that I am going to do today is pick up fried fish plates from the church for dinner. Love them.

It is a nice cool sunny morning. Will also plant the tomatoes i bought yesterday. Forgot about that.

Have a good one