Daily Check In March 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In March 27, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I stayed up way too late last night so I am just barely moving around now

I really just wanted to stay in bed. But there are things to do. Plan on going to a benefit fundraiser for a cousin. Sad that people have to do this to pay their medical bills

Have to sweep etc. Clean out the fridge. Things like that

Hope all have a great day
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good day, frugal friends. I have been bundled in a quilt on the sofa, sipping coffee and snuggling with the dogs.

It's chilly and rainy here again and will be like that until April arrives. When I get up from the sofa, I have to do my laundry and write up a grocery list, plus do some Saturday chores.

Not much else so far. I could easily take a nap and sleep the afternoon away on this rainy day.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Went to the post office this morning and I saw the big tree that came down across our road last night. It was cleared last night and the power was back on.
Sheila...hope you feel better quick. My sister and BIL got their second shots today.
Jackie...fingers still crossed that your son doesn't have covid.
Kitty....Now I want a hot dog!!!!! I can't plant tulips here..the squirrels always get them.
Made granola this morning with my 12 yr. old granddaughter...fun.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I sleep in late today and missed my Saturday CNN program but since it started at 8 and I looked at the clock at 7:45? I decided, "Nah! Not today." I listened to my CBC radio shows instead.

Just loaded up the dishwasher and have it running. I've also just put some afternoon coffee on. I need it! I have some laundry I want to throw in at some point today. Other than that? Just kitchen clean-up. Supper tonight will be spaghetti.

It's weird not having the car for the weekend. Of course it would be the weekend that I can't get a ride to Shopper's Drug Mart to go pick-up my month of meds. I'll have to get them to deliver on Monday.

Well, that's about all that is going on around here.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

The sun has finally come out after a day of rain. I finished my laundry and a load of towels, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge. There was not a lot in it, but the shelves needed to be emptied and bleached.

I cooked a Cajun sausage and rice dish for DH for a late lunch that was a big hit. Used up the last of the frozen bread heels making a blueberry-coconut bread pudding and used up the last of a motley assortment of apples making homemade applesauce.

Something I've never had happen before: I opened a can of evaporated milk today and it had gone bad. It was in our pantry over the summer and the pantry does get warm, so maybe that caused it. It was very nasty!

I did not think I had quite enough almond milk to make the bread pudding (which is why I opened the can of evaporated milk), so I juiced an orange that was leftover from an unwanted snack bag at work and added that to the eggs and almond milk used in the pudding. It actually made a very tasty substitute.

Got the grocery list made and I am hoping for a small expenditure. DH has gone off sandwiches, so I can feed him thrifty things like chili or spaghetti again.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

This morning my grocery order came. It seems that last week a 144 oz wide spaghetti canister was substituted for what I actually ordered. So of course I was very disappointed when I got 3 canisters that were about 8 inches tall. They will go back.

Today I sewed 4 tiny tote bags I now have a total of 6 of them. All made from scraps of fabric left from shortening my denim dresses. I have fabric left for several more. But no need for more bags.

Penny