Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:37 pm Update

Youngest DS just texted he tested negative for Covid. He just has a bad cold. I am so grateful, now he can come home for Easter.
That is such good news ! I’m sure you’re very relieved!

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:27 pm I made a huge pot of chili for supper and a pan of brownies. It was very dark and stormy today, so that hit the spot.

We did grocery shopping this morning ($90 and some change) and put 3/4 of a tank of gas in my little Honda for $16.99.

Jackie, I am glad your son does not have Covid and hope he's much better in time for his visit.
Wow! I ended up spending $288 and that’s without any meat except 5 lbs. frozen ground turkey. I do think groceries are more expensive in Canada though. The bulk of the order was fresh fruits and veggies, some organic.

Creative
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I've been quilting for.a great msny years and honestly have no idea. I.donate multile quilts annually. Mainly to kid that age put of foster care. Most everyone in my sphere has a Christmas quilts and a regular quilt and a team quilt if they care about things. I use many as season decor. I have four fall quilts.

I so admire Maggie. I've been trying to.do a tshirt quilt for two full.years and it may be the death of me if it doesn't return me to drink. However when talking about numbers realized that I've not worked since 2006 and most of my life before that was as an at home wife..I don't have obligations...lol
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:38 am Wow! I ended up spending $288 and that’s without any meat except 5 lbs. frozen ground turkey. I do think groceries are more expensive in Canada though. The bulk of the order was fresh fruits and veggies, some organic.

Creative
Creative, I did not buy a lot of fresh produce this week. We had potatoes, sweet peppers, grapes, carrots and an acorn squash at home from the previous week, when I spent a lot more. I bought a bag of tangerines, sweet potatoes, and a big onion this week. I bought some juice-packed canned pears. We have a good bit of meat in the freezer that HB bought and left with us: some pork, two small beef steaks, and small amount of fish. Our meat this week was a package of hard salami for sandwiches and a pack of bacon. The two together totaled about $10.

DH and I don't eat big meals any more and DS mostly buys his own groceries, so our grocery totals are pretty thrifty for Americans. There are still some tweaks I can make to save a bit.
Mackie