Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

Post by clemencia2us »

First tomato of the season appeared today!! So excited.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:15 pm First tomato of the season appeared today!! So excited.
I am jealous. Nothing better than a tomato fresh off the vine.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HI all, I did go the DG's birthday party, 14 adults and 4 kids. But we did spread out around the house.

Trees, I can count at least 27 quilts I have made. Including some baby quilts. I have 5 in my little apartment and one in my car.

I managed to carry up the nice chair I brought home form the office yesterday. So now it is time to look at motorized sit-stand desks. I will probably go to Sam's Club or ask my parents to take me to Costco. I need to do some online research.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 am A lot of recipes in the book call for vital wheat gluten, which I don’t have on hand and cannot order from Walmart pickup. Have any of you used this?
Creative,

I have used wheat gluten in bread recipes. If you have a Bulk Barn in your town, that is where I got mine. It is really inexpensive. Most of my recipes called for 2-3 Tablespoons of it.

MJ
Last edited by Prairie Waif2 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I got up early, watched my morning news shows for the week and then went back to bed! What a lazy bones.

We had a weather advisory that we are to have bad weather (rain, sleet, snow and potential tornadoes) until Wednesday. Yeck! All of our snow is gone except for the piles in parking lots.

I've done NOTHING today but drink 4 cups of coffee (2 in the morning, 2 this afternoon) and contemplate life.

We got word the beginning of last week that a 36-year old cousin and his family of 6 (that includes him) are all infected with COVID-19. Honestly? I'd like to go slap Robbie up side the head and ask him what the heck he was thinking?! He went and played in a 40+ Hockey tournament. WHAT?! Someone on HIS team had symptoms but didn't think they were bad so played. Hockey! All that heavy breathing, sweating and spitting and stuff. RIFE with disease vectors. Becka and the 4 kids, last I heard, were still well enough to be home. Rob on the other hand had to be transferred from the local hospital to Duluth's intensive care as he is having breathing and related heart issues. I cannot understand if he was thinking at all. We've had one cousin die of COVID-19 and many ill with it including one who is wearing a heart monitor this month waiting to go in for an MRI to see what heart damage she may have. I am just so frustrated with people discounting this disease and thinking they are "good enough" to not get it. AUGH!! I have been praying like mad that he'll be okay. The family wants to keep it secret. What's the point of that? What about contact tracing?

I had hash browns and eggs for lunch today. It was a bit bland compared to my usual. I ran out of pepper. How can you have decent hash browns and eggs without salt AND pepper?! I haven't decided on supper tonight. I might be rice but I am out of soy sauce and the hot sauce I had been using to make up for the soy sauce. Could be pretty boring without anything. I have a chicken in the freezer but I am saving that for Easter Sunday.

I have to unload the dishwasher after running it last night. I might do some pots and pans by hand. Nothing too much around here.

That's the skinny!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I "may" have discovered the perfect way to prepare chicken....for us anyway.
It turned out sooooo good! The recipe says it is for roast chicken but I used my rotisserie and it turned out fabulous. DD called and said she didn't know what she wanted to eat...I can relate, so I offered her some of it...she loved it also.

Trees, I have been paying for ash tree removal and then burning the resulting firewood...I prefer ash firewood over anything else. Burns hot and clean, and the resulting ash doesn't have lumps of charcoal in it.

It has been a slow, dreary day ...wind is kicking up and I want my sunshine back again.

JCKitty