Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:56 pm I am jealous. Nothing better than a tomato fresh off the vine.
It is still very tiny but I was surprised since I just planted the seedling this week. The others have flowers so by end of next week, will probably have lots more babies
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Okay. So I finished another quilt. This one to be donated. And I sat in the patio and ate my banana and V8 and then knitted my yellow sweater. So some constructive things got done and I went outside although I exercised inside.

Dinner is a turkey and stuffing casserole

Unfortunately I do not do well at growing living things. For food or beauty. I'll buy the pots and let my daughter pimp my patio a bit.

Finished my most recent Nordic Noir tv show and current book. Time to find something else.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:15 pm First tomato of the season appeared today!! So excited.
YUM!!!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:01 pm HI all, I did go the DG's birthday party, 14 adults and 4 kids. But we did spread out around the house.

Trees, I can count at least 27 quilts I have made. Including some baby quilts. I have 5 in my little apartment and one in my car.

I managed to carry up the nice chair I brought home form the office yesterday. So now it is time to look at motorized sit-stand desks. I will probably go to Sam's Club or ask my parents to take me to Costco. I need to do some online research.

Have a great day,
Maggie
WOW Maggie!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:54 pm Very rainy here today. Our ground is pretty soft.
Creative..which bread machine did you get?
Jackie....do you have any idea at all of how many quilts you have made over the years? I have made a grand total of TWO! LOL.
DH cleaned and vacuumed out our wood stove yesterday..it is done til the Fall.
We have a few dead ash trees that will be taken down as soon as the ground is solid enough. It will give us a lot of firewood. DH..DS and I will be spending a good amount of time with the wood splitter. I know the tree removal will be a few thousand dollars. VERY EXPENSIVE FIREWOOD!!!!
Have a good day!
Hmm, I think roughly 29. They are not fancy like some of Quilter's or Maggie's. I do want to make a couple more for outside to wrap up in around the fire pits when cooler. Heck I have so many squares ready to go I could probably get another 20 done.

I have also probably knit 30 or so afghans and 50 shawls over the last 10 years.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:31 pm Update:

I "may" have discovered the perfect way to prepare chicken....for us anyway.
It turned out sooooo good! The recipe says it is for roast chicken but I used my rotisserie and it turned out fabulous. DD called and said she didn't know what she wanted to eat...I can relate, so I offered her some of it...she loved it also.

Trees, I have been paying for ash tree removal and then burning the resulting firewood...I prefer ash firewood over anything else. Burns hot and clean, and the resulting ash doesn't have lumps of charcoal in it.

It has been a slow, dreary day ...wind is kicking up and I want my sunshine back again.

JCKitty
Ash does burn well...but holy cow....the tree removal costs!!!! The ash trees here got hit really hard with that borer. We have to have a few trees removed every year. It is SO expensive. I do understand it..it is really dangerous work.