Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 pm Hmm, I think roughly 29. They are not fancy like some of Quilter's or Maggie's. I do want to make a couple more for outside to wrap up in around the fire pits when cooler. Heck I have so many squares ready to go I could probably get another 20 done.

I have also probably knit 30 or so afghans and 50 shawls over the last 10 years.
That is amazing! My 12 yr.old granddaughter wants me to teach her how to crochet. She and I will have to learn together.....I don't know how!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm That is amazing! My 12 yr.old granddaughter wants me to teach her how to crochet. She and I will have to learn together.....I don't know how!
I would love to learn how to crochet. My Dad's mother did the most awesome crochet.

I would also like to learn how to tat.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Youngest DS just texted he tested negative for Covid. He just has a bad cold. I am so grateful, now he can come home for Easter.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:56 pm WOW Maggie!
that is over about as many years. I've tired to take a picture of each one. DB2 & SIL have had 2 lol!. I do strip quilting, I have made quite a few Simple Irish chain and Flying geese. Usually using a pattern from Ellen Burns. So I keep them simple. And then usually machine quilt by stitching in the ditch. Sometimes sewing is relaxing to me.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:37 pm Update

Youngest DS just texted he tested negative for Covid. He just has a bad cold. I am so grateful, now he can come home for Easter.
That is a relief.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Ok, I spent about 2 hours ironing interfacing to t-shirts. I need to talk to my girlfriend. I am thinking her daughter did not go to Hawaii and Singapore. We need to edit these t-shirts. there are too many for one quilt. And really, how many youth soccer league t-shirts do you need when you have all kinds of other t-shirts? Unless it was only youth soccer t-shirts. LOL!

Now that I got this part finished, I need to trim the shirts to size, lay them out and then stitching them will go quickly. Then stitch in the ditch.