Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In -March 28, 2921

Post by icfrugal1 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:23 pm Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I got up early, watched my morning news shows for the week and then went back to bed! What a lazy bones.

We had a weather advisory that we are to have bad weather (rain, sleet, snow and potential tornadoes) until Wednesday. Yeck! All of our snow is gone except for the piles in parking lots.

I've done NOTHING today but drink 4 cups of coffee (2 in the morning, 2 this afternoon) and contemplate life.

We got word the beginning of last week that a 36-year old cousin and his family of 6 (that includes him) are all infected with COVID-19. Honestly? I'd like to go slap Robbie up side the head and ask him what the heck he was thinking?! He went and played in a 40+ Hockey tournament. WHAT?! Someone on HIS team had symptoms but didn't think they were bad so played. Hockey! All that heavy breathing, sweating and spitting and stuff. RIFE with disease vectors. Becka and the 4 kids, last I heard, were still well enough to be home. Rob on the other hand had to be transferred from the local hospital to Duluth's intensive care as he is having breathing and related heart issues. I cannot understand if he was thinking at all. We've had one cousin die of COVID-19 and many ill with it including one who is wearing a heart monitor this month waiting to go in for an MRI to see what heart damage she may have. I am just so frustrated with people discounting this disease and thinking they are "good enough" to not get it. AUGH!! I have been praying like mad that he'll be okay. The family wants to keep it secret. What's the point of that? What about contact tracing?

I had hash browns and eggs for lunch today. It was a bit bland compared to my usual. I ran out of pepper. How can you have decent hash browns and eggs without salt AND pepper?! I haven't decided on supper tonight. I might be rice but I am out of soy sauce and the hot sauce I had been using to make up for the soy sauce. Could be pretty boring without anything. I have a chicken in the freezer but I am saving that for Easter Sunday.
my distance and mask on.
I have to unload the dishwasher after running it last night. I might do some pots and pans by hand. Nothing too much around here.

That's the skinny!

MJ
I am so sorry, I think that so many people have "virus" fatigue. Not an excuse, praying with you.

Had my shot and keeping my distance and mask on.

did meet SIL for lunch, outside and well away from other tables.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I made a huge pot of chili for supper and a pan of brownies. It was very dark and stormy today, so that hit the spot.

We did grocery shopping this morning ($90 and some change) and put 3/4 of a tank of gas in my little Honda for $16.99.

Jackie, I am glad your son does not have Covid and hope he's much better in time for his visit.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:37 pm Update

Youngest DS just texted he tested negative for Covid. He just has a bad cold. I am so grateful, now he can come home for Easter.
good news Jackie!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm That is amazing! My 12 yr.old granddaughter wants me to teach her how to crochet. She and I will have to learn together.....I don't know how!
That is one thing I want to learn how to do. My mom could make all sorts of things.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:37 pm Update

Youngest DS just texted he tested negative for Covid. He just has a bad cold. I am so grateful, now he can come home for Easter.
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:10 pm Creative,

I have used wheat gluten in bread recipes. If you have a Bulk Barn in your town, that is where I got mine. It is really inexpensive. Most of my recipes called for 2-3 Tablespoons of it.

MJ
Yes we do have Bulk Barn here and I think they do curb side pickup. I avoid going into any stores if I possibly ca. I looked online and see that Bob’s Red Mill products also carry it. Thanks for passing on this information.

Creative