Daily Check in March 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 29, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

It is supposed to be sunny and 58 today. Hopefully I can get a walk in. I should be busy today. I have primary monitoring responsibilities today.

I do need to run to the grocery. I forgot eggs. On Saturday, I was told that Kroger is back to using your reusable bags. They stopped, understandably, due to Covid.

Maybe I will trim t-shorts tonight.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in March 29, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today I have bathroom cleaning and income tax work on my agenda - no excuses!

It seems our dryer has broken down- unable to turn it on by the switch. Dd2 was not impressed that she had to hang dry her clothes. It was acting funny for me the last two loads I dried. The switch seemed to get stuck and I had to play around with it. So Dh went on the hunt to find a replacement as our dryer is about 20 years old. But guess what? It will take at least two weeks to get a new replacement. So he decided it’s worthwhile trying to get it repaired. He has arranged for someone to take a look today. The same company that fixed our fridge once. The fridge is now 30 years old. The man did an excellent job. Dh is hoping it’s the same repair guy. Of course we have to pay a service fee just to see if it can be fixed. Dh read the manual and it warned you not to attempt the repair yourself- could get electrocuted or the dryer could catch on fire. This dryer is an Ingliss brand. At least the washer is still working! It’s worse without a washer, by far! Thankfully we all have enough clothing that it won’t really be much of a hardship at all. Growing up my family didn’t have a dryer and only a wringer washing machine.

I will also try to work in a walk. I sure hope it warms up a bit and our recent snow melts away quickly.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

Creative,
I am so glad you found a place in your town with wheat gluten. Now you can be baking bread like a pro!!

I've been up on an off since 5 am. I hate these early mornings as it always throws off my mojo. I am not a morning person. I don't really start to function until after a lunchtime nap on days when I get up this early. Had my meds and waited and then had another piece of the cinnamon streusel coffee cake. Still two pieces to go! For a 9x9" pan and 9 pieces that I made last Thursday? It's doing pretty well. I have had a couple of pieces for evening/bedtime snacks. I may look up another coffee cake recipe to try something different.

I will load up the supper dishes in the dishwasher this morning (?) or afternoon. I can't get a ride to the grocery store and I am not sure my disability check hits the bank today. I hope so! Then I can do the budget and move along with planning for the month. Lots of extra to cover borrowed money and a payment on the money borrowed for the car repair. That will cut into this month's food budget. It is what it is. :-)

All this talk about crocheting! I'd love to go pick-up some yarn and make a nice afghan for my living room. Of course I'd need a pattern. The Lion Brand Website has an excellent pick your item, thickness of yarn and offers up a multitude of patterns to make. I love that site. I made a nice blanket from a pattern I found there a number of years ago.

I'm debating making some coffee. After coffee cake? It just seems like the thing to to! I have a little French press that makes two cups. I could have just one cup and leave the other to nuke later. I think I'll do that.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, I’m glad that your DS does not have Covid.

Creative, good luck with the dryer repair. My friend just had her dishwasher repaired and was very pleased so I’ll get the name of the repairman just in case. (I had mom’s washer repaired but he charged a LOT so I think my friend’s guy is better.) My washer and dryer are both 30 years old. My friend’s DH ordered the parts for their dishwasher and was going to do it himself but dealing with the plumbing and electric together scared him.

It is a foggy morning and it is supposed to be a bit cooler today. I plan to go to mom’s house and do something. Then I’ll drop off some of my donations at the church school thrift store.

Next up in decluttering will be my craft closet. First will be knitting pattern books along with other craft booklets. I’ve looked up a knitting group that seems to meet once a week at a knitting store about eight miles away. So I’ll try to give the knitting books/booklets there rather than SA or other general charity shop. I’ll try to go through them in the next few days.

Tonight I’m going to watch a Netflix show called “The Last Blockbuster,” which is described as a love letter to the pretty much defunct chain. I met the Blockbuster founder in my job and he was a good guy and did a lot for his local Florida city, Fort Lauderdale.

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:09 am Bonne matin toute le monde!

Creative,
I am so glad you found a place in your town with wheat gluten. Now you can be baking bread like a pro!!

I've been up on an off since 5 am. I hate these early mornings as it always throws off my mojo. I am not a morning person. I don't really start to function until after a lunchtime nap on days when I get up this early. Had my meds and waited and then had another piece of the cinnamon streusel coffee cake. Still two pieces to go! For a 9x9" pan and 9 pieces that I made last Thursday? It's doing pretty well. I have had a couple of pieces for evening/bedtime snacks. I may look up another coffee cake recipe to try something different.

I will load up the supper dishes in the dishwasher this morning (?) or afternoon. I can't get a ride to the grocery store and I am not sure my disability check hits the bank today. I hope so! Then I can do the budget and move along with planning for the month. Lots of extra to cover borrowed money and a payment on the money borrowed for the car repair. That will cut into this month's food budget. It is what it is. :-)

All this talk about crocheting! I'd love to go pick-up some yarn and make a nice afghan for my living room. Of course I'd need a pattern. The Lion Brand Website has an excellent pick your item, thickness of yarn and offers up a multitude of patterns to make. I love that site. I made a nice blanket from a pattern I found there a number of years ago.

I'm debating making some coffee. After coffee cake? It just seems like the thing to to! I have a little French press that makes two cups. I could have just one cup and leave the other to nuke later. I think I'll do that.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

MJ
MJ, I ADMIRE that even though you live on a very tight budget and have to deal with health issues, car repairs, etc., you are such a positive, upbeat person. 🌞
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Awake bit still in bed reading and meditating. Today i.will return two things i.bought and pick.up a couple items including my sleep gummmies.

General.plans for today are an outside walk and seated exercise, cutting panels on my Tula quilt and squares for the improv and maybe knitting. I've realized this 3uelet top will be too warm till the fall so looking to make a light tank. I also.need to do a quick pickup and the vacuuming I did not to yesterday. Lunch will.be leftover roast chicken and dinner turkey casserole.

I need another book. Silly Danielle Steele lasted me an hour and a half. The NCAA is a hot mess but I'm still.pullung for Gonzaga and will.watch bball.tonight.

Trying to decide on what I can do sewing wise and cheap to spiff up my patio decor.