Daily Check in March 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check in March 30, 2021

Post by Quilter51 »

Supposed to have a high of eighty today with sun and clouds. I'm not a morning person so.dunno.if I need to just jump.out of bed and walk soon as I get up.or move up din din a bit and make it an evening one.

I need to return stuff i.got to two separate stores this afternoon when I get my gricery order. The supposedly comfy around the house maxis I got puddle at my feet.may have to go online.

Either today or tomorrow I need to up.to the Landry here in the community and do sheets and summer quilt. Other than that today is sewing the large modern log cabin and doing a quick house pickup and running the dishwasher. I need to start looking at some decor for my patio.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning all!

I was lucky and slept like a log last night. It was probably cuz I didn't sleep enough the day before

I didn't get up until almost 9

I've just been relaxing, had a cup of coffee, took the dogs out and we sat outside for almost an hour. Nice and cool. No sun though but its okay.

Today will do the usual sweeping etc. Go to the store for more mouse poison!!!! Man I sound so mean. But if they only would have listened and stayed outside. They would have been fed - lol

I also feel like i need to start walking again

Oh and found out that my elderly cousin that I was looking for the other day, now has the Covid virus. He will be 80 in November so who knows what will happen! He is in good shape - even still does carpentry work. Very strong big guy. He is isolating at home. Has food and water. His neighbor lady will take him a hot meal once a day. His niece checks on him daily. He does have lots of friends in town. I hope he will be okay.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have gone through my needlework kits and I have some complete kits that I plan to donate. If anyone is interested in any of them, let me know and I will mail them to you.

1. Needlepoint Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit grow chart, 9” x 38”. Opened by me but never started. Old, probably 1980s. Adorable.

2. Embroidered (stamped, not cross stitch) Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit bibs (2). Includes the two bib, all the floss and instructions. New, never opened.

3. Embroidered pillowcase kit. White on white stamped to look like intricate cut work. Pillowcases are scalloped. (Not sure if they come this way or you have to cut them. Includes 2 pillowcases, floss and instructions. New, never opened.

4. Needlepoint yellow, green and white key holder that looks like a house. Interesting that I made this same kit years ago and still have it and saw this unopened kit at a rummage sale. Includes plastic canvas, yarn and instructions. Never opened.

5. Lighthouse crossstitch kit, 5” x 7” that may be from Dollar Tree. Unopened. (Bought at rummage sale)

6. “Stained Glass” Needlepoint Christmas ornaments. Includes yarn, canvas, felt and instructions for 3 ornaments. Bought opened at rummage sale so I’m not sure if complete but looks like all or most is there.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT, last time I got a men's 2X, which swallows me whole, but DS can wear it because I sure intend not to.

I bought a Hamilton Beach stick blender that has an immersion blender attachment and a whisk attachment, and the whisk works great as a hand mixer for mixing up cake mix. Got it from Amazon some years back and it works great. I use the immersion part more, making mashed potatoes, creaming soups, and making homemade applesauce, but really like the whisk because it does not over mix cakes.

*Edited to add: I spent my lunch break combing through Poshmark for some deals on summer shirts. After a lot of hunting, I found one seller who had four that I liked. The most cost-effective way to buy on Poshmark is to find a seller who gives a discount on a bundle of items, which this one did. She was also open to offers, so I made an offer about $2.50 lower than the total. So we'll see how it goes. If she rejects it, it's not a huge loss as her prices are very reasonable. From the looks of things, I think she's cleaning out her own closet and doesn't have an investment in pieces she's flipping.
Mackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Update:

I have felt more awake since I caved & put one of my fruity caffeine mixes in my water (I do try not to use them, but will if I need to).

I ate my lunch in the 1st floor faculty room (I'm on the second floor) with all the teachers who had 1st lunch--when they all left in a hurry, I did too, lol. I still have 45 minutes before the start of 5th hour, well less than that by the time I post this.

I wore one of my new pairs of shoes today, I got them at Famous Footwear at strong suggestion from Dh--two pairs are Clarks shoes, one pair Ashland Effie in black, and one pair Cheyn Clay in brown (which is what I have on today), and the 3rd pair are Saucony that I've not worn yet because I've been debating getting memory-foam soles for them.

It was NICE to sit among the 1st floor teachers, many of whom I have not see for two years, and to be included in their camaraderie.

After the student traffic calms down a little, I'm going to walk the halls for a bit of exercise, then knit until 5th Period starts. During 5th Period, I'll be trolling for dinner ideas... hopefully I find something new using ground beef.

I want to dig in my stash for lightweight knit fabric to make gaiter-type face masks with, but that will have to wait until tomorrow morning after kids are at school as dd10 has softball practice tonight. I REALLY like the gaiter-type face masks (like these- https://www.walmart.com/ip/2020-New-1PCS-Multi-use-Tube-Scarf-Bandana-Head-Neck-Gaiter-Headwear-White/838464627).
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:45 pm LWolfT, last time I got a men's 2X, which swallows me whole, but DS can wear it because I sure intend not to.

I bought a Hamilton Beach stick blender that has an immersion blender attachment and a whisk attachment, and the whisk works great as a hand mixer for mixing up cake mix. Got it from Amazon some years back and it works great. I use the immersion part more, making mashed potatoes, creaming soups, and making homemade applesauce, but really like the whisk because it does not over mix cakes.

*Edited to add: I spent my lunch break combing through Poshmark for some deals on summer shirts. After a lot of hunting, I found one seller who had four that I liked. The most cost-effective way to buy on Poshmark is to find a seller who gives a discount on a bundle of items, which this one did. She was also open to offers, so I made an offer about $2.50 lower than the total. So we'll see how it goes. If she rejects it, it's not a huge loss as her prices are very reasonable. From the looks of things, I think she's cleaning out her own closet and doesn't have an investment in pieces she's flipping.
Will you please tell me/us about Poshmark, Mackie?