Daily Check in March 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in March 30, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept for about 4 1/2 hours straight then I had trouble sleeping the rest of the night.

Yesterday my friend and I decided to go to Walmart this morning. It is drizzling so I don’t know what her plans are now.

Also I don’t know what conditions will be at 9 am that is when we are planning on going.

I have a list, I don’t know how much of it I will be able to get. Some how I misplaced my thimble. The only reason it is important is that it is sterling silvr.

My gold one was stolen years ago. The other thimbles are all too big.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept for about 4 1/2 hours straight then I had trouble sleeping the rest of the night.

Yesterday my friend who lives across the hall and I decided to go to Walmart this morning. It is drizzling so I don’t know what her plans are now.

Also I don’t know what conditions will be at 9 am that is when we are planning on going.

I have a list, I don’t know how much of it I will be able to get. Some how I misplaced my thimble. The only reason it is important is that it is sterling silvr.

My gold one was stolen years ago. The other thimbles are all too big.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

As I mentioned yesterday, I am subbing today again. This time is for a chemistry & physics teacher--in this 1st period class, there is Only 7 students, and they are working so quietly that I am in danger of falling asleep. Hence, I am logging on here sooner than I had planned, in hopes that reading the forum will keep my eyes open (am also going to dump a fruity caffeine-powder in my water bottle too).

It was 13 degrees F, when I awoke at 6am, and today's high is to be only 44 degrees F. Tomorrow's temps will be similar, but I'm still looking ahead to Easter weekend's 70 and 70+ degrees F. Yesterday was a warm day at 64 degrees F, but the winds blew hard from the west which I believe is the reason we have 20 degree colder day today.

I did not sleep well last night, just as I also slept poorly on Sunday night, so I'm feeling a drag on my mind, or rather I feel sluggish, and cannot remember what else I was going to write.
Like Penny, I slept for only a few hours last night.

This teacher has 4th period Prep, which is hooked to lunch, so I may catch a nap if possible.

Perhaps I will knit while I read, as knitting is one of my keep-awake things I do, at least on Sundays during church-time.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:58 am Good morning, Maggie and Jackie. We're in the time of year when there's a 35 degree difference between the temp on leaving for work and getting home, so I'm either cold or hot. Right now I'm freezing in my work office.

DH has been on-call this week and things blew up last night. He wound up sleeping in the living room when he finally had a chance to sleep. I don't sleep well without him, so I'm groggy too. Well, that's what they make coffee for.

On the frugal front, I dug around this morning and discovered that the academic rate on the digital version of The Washington Post is $1 a month, not $9 as I had thought previously. We're currently paying $10 a month, so I'm going to buy a staff subscription and save a few bucks. Every little bit helps.

Oh, and some good news: I received a tiny pay raise yesterday. Just 50 cents an hour, but the way I look at it, that's almost an extra week of groceries every month, or two extra house payments a year! The way the announcement was worded, the raise did not seem to be on merit (Heaven forbid!) but because the system underpays its employees compared to what they could make in the real world, and for some reason it has decided to try to catch up. Possibly because people need to work for money, not t-shirts and bumper stickers. :-D

Hope you all have a lovely, frugal day.
Congratulations on your pay raise.

A few years ago, Dh got a tiny pay raise of 5 cents per hour--he was grumbly about it, but I reminded him, too, about how every little bit helps us.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thanks, Gayle. I wasn't joking about the t-shirts. Every time I turn around, they're foisting new t-shirts off on us. There was a new one for casual Fridays, despite the fact that nearly everyone dresses like every day is casual and I don't wear t-shirts unless someone makes me. Such a waste of money.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Mackie, I think DH and I we have T-shirts from every employer either of us has ever had.
In one sense, it was a waste, since they were too casual for office dress. But if it was something I wouldn't wear, I always grabbed a larger size and gave it to DH for around the house.

It's sunny here and supposed to hit 72 degrees, then drop back into the 30s in a day or so.

So, anyone have a recommendation for a hand mixer? My old Sunbeam gave up the ghost last night. I'd prefer not to spend more than $30, since it's not something I use that often, and it won't get heavy use. Thought I had a candidate on sale at Meijer, but they were out of stock. :evil: