Daily Check In March 31, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In March 31, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off and will be back after coffee getting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 31, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Brr, it is chilly this morning, almost down to -20 C here once again (rounding it off as it is actually -19.6C). Spring will be back by the weekend and into next week so things should be okay for Easter.

Once again all governments are asking that travel be curtailed over the Easter break. We won't be breaking any health regulations if the boys come home. We are their bubbles since they both live alone and that joining with another bubble for singles still applies as long as there isn't more than 5 inside the bubble.

Hubby goes for his vaccine this morning, first shot and I hope all goes well. Soon they will be starting over with second shots. Hopefully, according to our Prime minister we should all have at least gotten our first dose and with luck all will have (or pretty much all) received the second dose by the winter. We would be further ahead if the the doses ordered would keep arriving on time. This is what happens when previous governments close and shutter most of the vaccine/pharmaceutical manufacturing in a country. We are now at the mercy of other nations. Pretty sure this is a lesson learned, that just becSause something is not a great money maker, it is no reason to shut it down. Pharma in Canada is not the money maker as it is in other countries.

I will be phoning for his prescription for eye drops and he will pick it up on the way home. I think tomorrow will be the day my other errands will be accomplished. Here is hoping that the shot has no side effects on Hubby.

So what does that leave for me today. Well walking for exercise (made well over 11k steps yesterday), baking and sewing. I do have a few smallish household tasks to take care of and then the day is mine to enjoy.

I am on season 4 of Water Rats, an Australian series on Prime. I am enjoying it and will watch it as I work on my various projects. Wall mounted has never come in so handy before.

Supper tonight is going to be baked spaghetti. I need the leftovers from last night gone from the fridge and used up by tomorrow. Good Friday must be meatless and I don't want to tempt us or the DS's by having meat in the fridge. Cleaning things out is a must. I also need room for the Easter meal leftovers.

Today I am grateful that the wind has stopped blowing and the snow flurries have stopped as well. I am praying for all those who died on prairie highways the past two or three days due to road conditions. It was pretty bad here and in our neighbour to the west.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I am up :? trying to get awake and then get busy. I had a rough day yesterday and do not want a repeat today. When I am that lethargic I am just miserable. :(
It is bright and sunny this AM but cold and not supposed to get any warmer for the next 2 days...Easter still looks good so here's hoping.

I am going to dust downstairs , clean lampshades and then do floors. I found a new Netflix series to watch....Sweet Magnolias. So I am going to try to watch some of it when my usual nap time rolls around and see if that helps my sleep pattern. Saving some of it to watch at night as I am not a basketball fan at all, sorry Aaron LOL.

Any laundry that needs done will be hung outside on the lines. I also need to call the chimney sweep as I am done with burning the woodstove for the year. Although now the weather dude says we could get snow flurries tomorrow. I really want to get the area deep cleaned and the stove polished.

Off to get my day started and hopefully get stuff done.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. It's not too cold this morning but rain is pouring down. I saw the aftermath of a three-car fender bender on the way to work and was very nearly in one myself, as people are driving way too fast for conditions.

Our Lily Dog does not like to get wet in the rain and would not go outside to potty this morning (even though she clearly needed to) until I went outside with her and stood under the eave of the house to speak encouraging words. I think she wanted me to turn off the water from the sky for her but that was not happening. :-D

So far this morning, I have set up the April spreadsheet and cleaned out and organized the desk drawer where I keep snacks, first aid supplies and extra disposable masks. I have only a couple of chores to do today, so it's a matter of waiting to see what turns up.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, good luck to your DH with his Covid.”jab.”

I slept pretty well last night. Pippi did not start meowing until almost 7. She felt the after effects from the 1/4 sedative most of the night. The gals at the vet office put together appointments for Pippi for all of April. This helps me a lot to not have to worry about scheduling appointments. I sometimes wonder if they are getting tired of giving Pippi the fluids twice a week but I feel less stressed with them doing it rather than me.

I plan to continue my decluttering today. Focus will be top drawer in bathroom vanity and one shelf in craft closet. I probably should stick to one area (craft closet) but it seems overwhelming. I also plan to drop donations at Salvation Army.

Today I will make time for the library puzzle which I haven’t even started. I also need to pay a few bills. One bill is my flood insurance. I have mixed feelings. Even though I’m in a flood zone I question whether I need it. Not far across the street it is not a flood zone. I went for many years without flood insurance after I paid off my mortgage. I got it again after Hurricane Irma. Another issue is that I have “private” insurance (bought from a registered agent with a well-rated company) rather than purchased through the national flood insurance program. My house does not have an official elevation report and I would have to pay $300-$400 to get one for NFIP coverage.

It is very warm today, forecast to reach 87 F. but a cold front will thankfully come through today or tomorrow.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, it's been my experience with the vet nurses that they don't mind seeing patients who are well-taken care of by their families and they develop favorites that they look forward to seeing. Now that Pippi is doing so well with her little dose of sedative, she is most likely becoming one of their favorites.
Mackie