Daily Check In March 31, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In March 31, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Morning

A little cold front just blew in. I was outside wondering when it would hit and then all of a sudden it showed up. Got windy and the temp dropped. We had to come inside because it started to sprinkle

I slept well, and had to force myself to get up. Had some coffee and took a hot shower. I'd ready for the day. It is supposed to be windy and rainy, so probably just staying home.

Hope all have a great day
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Hubby has left for his jab. So looking forward to the time we are both vaccinated for the first time. I think booking for the second shot will come sooner that we think if the vaccine keeps arriving. The trouble is we have no facilities to make our own and so need the facilities in other countries to keep sending what we ordered.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am FloridaCat, it's been my experience with the vet nurses that they don't mind seeing patients who are well-taken care of by their families and they develop favorites that they look forward to seeing. Now that Pippi is doing so well with her little dose of sedative, she is most likely becoming one of their favorites.
I think they do like Pippi. One nurse who calls her “the beauty queen” even said she loved her and when I showed her a cute photo of Pippi on my phone she took my phone and texted it to the others in the office. The thing is, however, they always seem so busy lately. But I’ve always been very kind to everyone there.

Unrelated, but I’m glad that HB is riding the bus rather than the scooter. I’ve been on the road with two scooters the past few days, including today, and I think they are SO dangerous because the roads, at least in this area, are very congested.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,
I got my second jab yesterday and feel a little beat up. Sore arm, allergies (yesterday was super windy) some sciatica and stomach flue. I have not been able to eat anything but finally made a couple of pieces of toast with some apricot jam. I think it would have tasted good any other time but not today. So I have been sleeping off and on and getting lots of bed rest. Applying a small heat pack to the sciatica area.

I posted my status on FB and a high school classmate, a staunch member of the Trump Cult said she is not getting it. I don't know how this covid will be contained if the cult members refuse the vaccine, don't wear masks and assemble at super-spreader events.

I hope I am ok tomorrow. I told my co-worker I plan to be at work tomorrow. I hope I can.

DS gets his second jab this Saturday. He is considered an essential worker so he qualifies.

Now off to check my temperature, bring the dog in and lay down. Be safe everyone.

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Bev, I can only imagine that the unvaccinated will eventually give it to each other. Having the virus is far, far worse than the mild discomfort of the shots.

It's normal not to have an appetite when the shot is kicking your immune system into high gear. Just rest and try to drink lots of fluids. (((hugs)))

FloridaCat, I feel terrible that HB wound up wasting all that money. It cost him about $400 to get his driver's license reinstated, and then $2,600 for the scooter and helmet, so he spent $3K for three days of riding around. If he had spent just a little more and insured the scooter, he would at least have some of his money back. It was a hard lesson to learn, but I feel much relieved that he's safe on the bus. With the lifting of some restrictions, traffic is getting heavier here and he was not very noticeable on that little scooter.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Well, BOO AND HISS !!!

My computer dropped my post !!!

I hate that

Short version, I had a Covid test Monday, negative, because Friday I'm getting a colonoscopy.

It's just part of a physical, I'm 70

I need a driver and DH isn't driving right now, I don't know when he will drive again.

My niece will drive me, I'm paying her the $150 that a professional medical driving company would charge.

She made it clear that I don't need to pay her, but she is unemployed and If I'm gong to any anyone, I want to pay her.

tomorrow is the only drinking clear fluids, and "the stuff" YECK!!!

IC