Thursday April 1. Check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Thursday April 1. Check in

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:17 pm Hi Floridacatlover - yes a province wide lockdown is being imposed effective Saturday. It changes very little here as schools are all already remote learning only. No gyms
,movie theatres, indoor or patio dining, hairdresser, barbers, tattoo artists, esthetician services, etc. Groups are limited to 5. Receptions not allowed for weddings or funerals. Non essential stores such as clothing and hardware are allowed to be open at 25% capacity. This is in response to the third wave of the virus, with increased cases of the variant. Yet vaccines are still not being administered to those 75 to 80, and frontline healthcare workers are still being vaccinated ( with their first vaccine). Apparently in a few weeks time, Shoppers Drug Mart will be administering the Astra Zeneca vaccine to people 55 plus, but you must make an appointment and there is a medical questionnaire you must fill out. The order is based on age, underlying health conditions, etc. Personally I would prefer Pfizer or Moderna. The risk of blood clots scares me.

Creative
Creative...I SO hope your vaccinations pick up. Stay safe!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Our April fool is that we got a bit of snow this morning! Just a little.
Penny...I so wish I could see all your little tiny things. My Mom worked on tiny things. I don't have the ability OR the patience.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:33 pm Florida..a friend of mine just moved to. Dunedin!
Trees, Dunedin is a very cute town. The Pinellas bike/walking trail runs through the small downtown area with cute restaurants. They have a great arts center that offers lots of classes. It is about 10-12 miles from me. If you ever visit your friend here, let me know!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Wow Jackie,

I feel bad that you have to make your own second appointment for the vaccine. They made mine before I left after my first does. I sure hope there are not any glitches for you both.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:22 pm Thank You, she is my own design.
Penny that is even more amazing. Like Christmas Trees said wish we could see your little Tiny's.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:55 pm Wow Jackie,

I feel bad that you have to make your own second appointment for the vaccine. They made mine before I left after my first does. I sure hope there are not any glitches for you both.
Same here. We just go back to the same location on the day they told us. They did say go at your original appointment time, but since I did not do that, I will go at noonish or so.

My original appointment was at 930 but darn people got crazy and there were at least a hundred cars ahead of me when I showed up. People get all crazy. I left and went back at onish. No one said anything. So will do the same when my second shot is due

It is a drive thru thing set up by the Air National Guard.