Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello again,

My everyone have a blessed Good Friday.
I need to hurry up and stop dallying. I don't have enough powdered sugar to make a glaze for the cake I am taking to the "Celebration of Life" after today's graveside service. It is terrible to be joyful that I get to visit with people? I went out to dinner with my parents, DB2 & SIL. I got to see DB1 for a minute.

Anyways, the deceased man's daughters have not had it really hit them yet according to their Grandfather's wife. Two are in college and the other two are a bit younger. He was a devoted dad. Please say a quick prayer for Brad's daughters.

Anyways, I will have to be careful and be vigilant with my mask. But I am excited to socialize and see cousins I have not seen in so long.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Maggie, I just said a prayer for Brad’s daughters. I understand how you feel about the socializing. When we had the get together at the park at the height of Covid in the summer for my friend Dave who was dying, it was SO great to see former co-workers I hadn’t seen in so long. He died a month later. My one friend referred to the get together as Dave’s party and I couldn’t say that but I enjoyed it.

Clem, I’ve said a prayer for your older sister in the hospital. I hope she is better today.

I slept well! I went to bed around 10 and only got up once in the night and went right back to sleep. It is “cold” here. Temp on the local news page said 48 F. this morning. It is supposed to reach the high 60s and is bright and sunny.

Today I’m taking my friend to lunch for her birthday. We are going to the same outdoor place that she and her DH took me for my birthday. They have great paninis. We are going early to hopefully beat the crowd.

I did do the decluttering of the bathroom drawer and my stationery cabinet. But I’m going back to focus on paperwork. That is my biggest problem area.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for about 2 hours listening to podcasts, and catching up with the blogs on my sidebar. After a couple of posts I will be heading out for my daily morning walkabout.

The morning started off cloudy and overcast when I arose. However now it seems to be clearing up a bit. Sure hope there is no wacky weather as the DS's will be on the road today. One will be home around 12:30 pm he says, the other will probably be here at around the 5 or 6 pm mark (depends on what time he leaves his place for the 9 hour drive home).

After my walk I may just make some blueberry muffins for our breakfasts this weekend (can send some home with youngest as well). I found some dried blueberries that need to be used up, as well as some dried cherries. I also have a few household chores to accomplish and then I am done for the day and can visit!!! Or sew.

Supper tonight will be breakfast for supper (just not sure if it will be pancakes or not).

Everybody have a great day. Take care (I will hopefully check in if something exciting happens).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

Did not sleep well at all. We kept texting and calling back and forth

Sister is stabilized. She is up already and having breakfast. Still in the hospital. Going to have more tests

Probably needs adjustments to her meds. She's been complaining for almost a month now of leg pain. To me same pain when she got before because of heart issues. But she insisted it was due to the vaccine. I don't argue with her. She has her mind set one way and then there is the dementia issues. Not sure if her kids even notice that.

After all the back and forth I finally contacted her son and dIL and they took her in. She waits until it is late at night to finally decide to go. Guess that is why the ER is always full at night? LOL :mrgreen:
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a new thermostat to get used to today. I knew they would replace it. Because it was acting up. Way off I could move the little lever a tiny fraction of an inch and it could be either too hot or too cold.

I have a H-E-B order coming between 9:30 and 10:30 the order usually arrives closer to the 9:30 time. My latest text from H-E-B shows nothing removed.

I have put out the trash only one bag and a carton this time. The dishwasher is full I set it off and started a towel wash.

I need to find a thimble that fits me. I have one that fits but it has a hole in it so I need to replace it. I have another beautiful one that is far too big. My hands are tiny and my finger tips are tiny.

Once my groceries are away. I hope to be able to cut some things out. I still have fabric for tiny tote bags but don’t need anymore now. But I might in the future so I will put it aside.

Penny