Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon all. Creative, I know you are so proud of your daughter. She sounds like a wonderful and accomplished young woman. Also --- My prayers are with Clem's and Maggie's families.

It's been a quiet week here. I had two appointments at the chiro/pt clinic. Yesterday, they gave me four trigger point injections in my upper back. It feels much looser today, which is wonderful. Unfortunately, the foot stuff is the same.

I used our Honey Baked Ham gift card and got a nice ham for Easter. I'm thinking about inviting our next door neighbor. I'm not sure she would (or even should) come, since she and I still haven't gotten our second vaccine. If not, DH could take her a plate. It sure would be nice to see her, though, and share a meal. Soon, I hope.

I have an appointment on Wednesday for my second shot, yay. DH had his last week and didn't have any reaction at all to it. So I'm hoping I won't as well. Time will tell.

It's been a pretty frugal week up till today, anyway. Other than the co-pays I haven't spent anything. But our niece is having a baby shower and this morning I ordered a Baby Bouncer/Rocker that was on her list. What is up with young people not liking color these days? Everything on her registry is gray. I just don't get it but oh well.

I've been binge watching Bosch on Prime. It's been in my queue forever. It's really good. The language is awful, but as I told DH, having working for the Memphis PD for a year when I was in my 30s, the language is absolutely realistic.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, I caught the first season of Bosch when we had Prime and just loved it.

I am moseying around the house doing a few things. The oaks are blooming and it's giving me a sinus headache. Our oldest cat seems to be getting some allergies too because his eyes become runny when he's been on the screened porch. He hates to have them wiped but he looks uncomfortable all teary.

Lily Dog is allergic to oak pollen but she is doing great. DH said the other night that he is so glad we took her to the allergist because she has been doing so much better. The allergist wants to get her to one allergy shot every 28 days, but right now she is holding at one every 12 days, so that is still going to take a while.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went and took care of some things

Such as buying more garden soil and another tomato plant - I can't stop - lol

I also went to check on my sisters dogs and made sure they have water and food.

Looks like she will be released today. Really wish they would keep her longer. Just to be sure all is okay.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Clem, good news about your sister but I can understand why you’d like her to stay another night in the hospital.

Creative, your DD sounds like a wonderful, hard working young woman. Congrats to her for going on to university.

I’m home from my long lunch with my friend. It started out cool but by the end I was pushing up my sleeves. We both had paninis and ginger/lemongrass tea and the waitress brought a cannoli for us to share for my friend’s birthday.

When my friend picked me up I invited her in to say hello to Pippi. Normally Pippi would be on the stairs ready to run away. But today she stayed in the living room and let my friend get close, pet her and give her a yummy. I was proud of Pippi. Having contact with the vet nurses has made Pippi so much more sociable with strangers.

I just saw the headlines about the U.S. Capitol. Disturbing to say the least.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Update - yes Floridacatlover, the attack on the Capital was disturbing and yet another senseless loss of a life. Thank goodness that concrete barrier was in place. My condolences to the family of the police officer who was only carrying out his duties.

The most exciting new I can report is that I was finally able to book Dh’s first Covid vaccine. It’s on April 15th and his second shot is in August. In Ontario, they are spacing them out 16 weeks apart. Dd2 received a notification on her phone because she works at the hospital so I guess you could say we got the inside scoop. The health unit announced it about 4 hours later. As soon as I found out I immediately booked it through the provincial system as required. It was a fairly easy process. Dh will have to take my cell phone so they can scan the code sent in an email. He’s nervous about that as he doesn’t know how to use a cell phone. But I will make sure the email is pulled up so all he will have to do is put in my password. The vaccine is about two weeks earlier than we anticipated and I will feel much better about him golfing after having received his first vaccine. His friends plan on getting theirs as soon as possible as well. This is a wonderful Easter blessing and I am so grateful.

I managed to get the vacuuming and floor washing done in one day, and that included all 3 levels. Dh got down on his hands and knees to wash the kitchen and dinette floors. I used the Swiffer for the bathrooms, hallway, dining room, living room and family room. It’s always satisfying to get this done and really does freshen up the house. Tomorrow I will get out the limited Easter decor I have to freshen up the dining room table. I highly doubt we’ll eat in there - depends on Dh and DD2’s moods. I haven’t gotten Dd2 anything for Easter. Usually I get her some licorice and toiletries to put in her childhood Easter basket. Maybe I could print out an Amazon gift card. I know she’d appreciate that. I never sent out any Easter cards either- just didn’t want to venture into the stores.

Today seemed to fly by! But much better than being bored. I have been enjoying some freebie online courses offered as an incentive to purchase a costly package or App. But just enjoy the free nibble and not get sucked into buying something I don’t need.

Have a wonderful evening. Thanks for your good wishes concerning Dd2. It certainly wasn’t easy to follow in her sister’s footsteps (who could read at age 2 and was advanced a grade from junior kindergarten to grade one). We were dismayed with one teacher who told her she certainly wasn’t anything like her older sister. So hurtful!

Creative
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Clem..prayers out for your sister. I would want them to keep her a little longer too.
Creative...I am proud of your daughter too!!!! Well done.
Safe trip home for you boys Jackie.
Maggie..sorry for your loss. I totally understand the need to see people.

Hope I didn't forget anyone. Thinking of you all.

We are having an Easter Brunch here...just us and kids.