Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Friday, April 2, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

I am going to be like a zombie all day - no sleep or very little.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning! Didn't think I would need my heavy winter coat on April 2. Ah well.

Just back from a quick grocery run; did pretty well with coupons and markdowns, though the markdowns aren't as good as they used to be.

Trying to catch up on some things around the house, so not a lot else going on. Did sign up for the free account on Peacock since it has a couple of shows I want to see.

Maggie, my condolences to you and your family. Clem, glad to hear your sister is doing better. Jackie, save travels to your sons.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Hopefully the third time will be the charm. I have lost two previous posts. Obviously hit a button unintentionally at the bottom of the screen, but very annoying. But at the same time, I am feeling relieved as our income tax returns are finally completed. Our savings account will be about $3000 less but when I think about my past medical expenses this past year, that is quite the bargain. Of course we paid some additional taxes already deducted from our teachers’ pensions, but still not that much!

Dd2 will not be getting Easter Monday off as a holiday. I asked her as I was making some tentative plans for the long weekend and menu planning. I don’t think I mentioned it before but Dd2 is starting university in the fall and will end up with a business degree. She’s going part time and the hospital is partially subsidizing her cost for tuition. Of course it’s all online but her life will become fuller than ever! The university is giving her six credits from her college diploma. We are very proud of this young woman! At age four we were told she would never learn to talk and that she was developmentally delayed. Yes she had a severe speech-language delay and didn’t learn to read until grade four. But she never gave up and we knew she was bright as she had her own language with us and could communicate and insisted on confirmation that we understood what she was saying. The hospital really encourages professional development and without a degree she is unable to advance further.

Today I will certainly go for a very long walk and catch up on all those household chores I have put off, namely vacuuming and washing floors. I also want to complete my monthly goals and weekly goals and review the finances.

Have any of you heard about “streaking “ ? And I don’t mean running naked on a football field. This type is connected to forming good habits consistently and daily for a long period of time. You must make them ridiculously easy so you can attain them. Kind of like the slow and steady approach to win the race. Anyway I may read up a bit more about this concept.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Prayers sent for Clemencia’s sister and the two daughters were sent.

Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Prayers for all requested.

I am up and getting my day started...sunny but still cold. It is supposed to warm up this afternoon into the weekend.

I have kitchen work today, I cooked the chicken carcass overnight in the crockpot on low will sort and deal with it once it cools a bit.

I have also seared the beef and have it on low, once it is done and tender I want to chill it for thin (?)slices to be reheated in a gravy sauce on Easter Sunday. Hope it works out the way I have planned out.

I have other house chores to do also. I do have a load of laundry going now and when it is done it will be hung outside and then I will set the dishwasher to run.

I am hoping to be able to get and plant some pansies early next week...I NEED flowers LOL.

Off to do ???

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good day, frugal friends. It's a beautiful, bright and really cold day here. Brrr!

I am so sorry to hear of those with loved ones who have died or are in the hospital.

DH has been powering through a bunch of household chores. I have been a bum so far today, having slept quite late. Yesterday I did my laundry, took care of the mending, started a grocery list and read two e-books from the library.

Today I must do some dusting and finish the grocery list. I think we will have beef and barley soup for supper, due to the cold snap.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Afternoon Yall!

Checking in here just to update everyone. So we hired a secretary for the front of the office, she will be part time for now and it will free me up to work on practice manager duties.

I do not plan on it being a spend day, I bought replacement collars for the puppies but it seems they do not fit and so I will have to send them back. I plan to just clean up some around the house and then take DS to DMs house tonight. We are going to Spruce Pine this weekend to go gem mining for our anniversary, when you buy a bucket they give you two free cuts of your gems which can be turned into jewelry. I am super excited about going, we plan to go super early so we are dropping DS off tonight and picking him up tomorrow when we get done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Snowangel