Daily Check In Saturday April 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In Saturday April 3, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!!

Well, I ended waking up at 3:30 am. I dinked around watching TV until 5:30 am and went back to bed. I then got up around 8:30. I goofed around for the morning but finally got my coffee and reviewed my grocery list. I added a few things and that was about it.

I had just a couple of pieces of toast in the morning. I then started having a panic attack about going to the bank and grocery shopping. UGH! I tried relaxing by watching some good tv. Nope. So, I went and laid down and listened to the radio for a while. Nope. I finally had to give in and take a lorazepam. I gave it 45 minutes to kick in and then headed out and got my shopping done. Most of my items were on sale so that was a bonus. I was shocked by the price of pepper! I ran out at the beginning of last week. I had accidentally bought the coarse grind the last time I purchased pepper. This time I went to get the "regular" stuff. YIKES! $2.00 more. I went for the coarse grind again. I got all the groceries put away. It wasn't much of a job considering what I spent on them.

After my adventures in panic grocery shopping, I took myself for a Frosty treat at Wendy's. I buy it at the drive through window and then, because it was a nice day, I opened all the windows and sat in the parking lot watching the world go by as I enjoyed it. It's one of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice. I started it last summer during the pandemic's beginning, no need to change that now.

The garbage is taken out and I just need to put a new bag into the garbage container. It was nice to be able to take it out after only one week's accumulation.

Not much happening tonight. Supper and watching TV. I'll be up until midnight tonight. It's always that way on Saturdays because I fall asleep with the radio on and a noise machine. The radio shows tonight are awful to my ears and until the switch over at midnight? I never fall asleep to that noise music they play.

I'll find enough stuff to keep me occupied tonight.

Hope all are keeping okay. I hope DS1 doesn't have covid Jackie! I hope he can come to visit you this week.

That's the skinny from around here! Time to go make breakfast for supper!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH and I went grocery shopping late this afternoon. We discovered lamb shoulder roasts at the meat counter and bought the smallest one, which was $20, but it will make leftovers for us for 4 or 5 more meals so the cost is not that bad.

We spent $86, and our only non-food purchase was a 99 cent box of toothpicks. I last bought toothpicks about a decade ago and finally used up the box. That's a lot of baked goods tested for doneness. :)

Tonight I did not want to cook (that's for tomorrow) and made beans on toast with a fried egg on top and a tangerine on the side. Quick, easy, nutritious and yummy.

Tomorrow is the last day of my mini-staycation. Given about four more days, I might finally be caught up on sleep. But we have enjoyed doing a few chores around the house and yard.

Our son signed up for one month of HBOMax so he could see the new King Kong movie, and we enjoyed the Tina Turner documentary. We all watched "Singin' in the Rain" this afternoon. So we are getting the good out of that one month already. :-D
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

We're about to do the same thing with HBO max. I also want to watch the Denzel Washington movie, lol