Daily Check-in April 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in April 4, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:44 am Good Morning All and Happy Easter - I hope you all have the best possible day. It will be a relaxing day here and we won't have our Easter meal until evening. Our main dish is baked spaghetti with spinach and a couple kinds of cheese - the premise is the same as baked ziti - only with spaghetti. A side of oven roasted veggies and homemade yeast rolls with cake for dessert will complete the meal. Everything is ready to go into the oven - prepped it all yesterday. The cake is done and decorated. We managed to pull off a nice meal without going to the store and spending any money....yayyyy!!

I slept until 8:04 when my friend texted me Happy Easter - I am entirely surprised that the dogs let me sleep that late. They have been out and are back to bed. Six hungry cats are waiting on the driveway, staring at the house - so I need to get them fed pretty soon.

The sun is out and it looks like a lovely day is in store - feels a bit warmer than yesterday. Last night when I was walking Lucy, I saw a lady hiding plastic eggs in the flower beds, shrubs, etc. all around her house. She said she had 140 of them to hide - took me back to the day when my kiddos were young - I used to hide eggs with clues to the next egg - which would eventually lead them to their Easter baskets.

Off I go, I've got hungry cats and a lot of reading to catch up on. Have a wonderful day!
Sheila you were a cool Mom.. We sometimes would do clues for Christmas gifts but never thought of doing it for Easter. Now they are all grown up and even their kids are grown up but still a cool idea if we ever have any more little ones in the family. Happy Easter to you and your DD.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Re: Sunday April 4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:42 am HAPPY EASTER.
Happy Easter to you too.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Easter!!!!!!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Happy Easter.

I changed my bed yesterday, but I didn’t wash the sheets they are in the dryer.

I gave a lot to my daughter when she came this morning.

I found a thimble that fits other than the one with the hole. All the other thimbles are in a box, with my sewing. So I know where they are. There may be others that I don’t know where they are now. I keep finding things. But I know now that I don’t need to order a thimble now. It means I can eventually look for a nice one.

I have a beautiful sterling silver one but it is much too big for my finger.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:40 am Happy Easter!!!!!!
Happy Easter.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:56 am Happy Easter.

I changed my bed yesterday, but I didn’t wash the sheets they are in the dryer.

I gave a lot to my daughter when she came this morning.

I found a thimble that fits other than the one with the hole. All the other thimbles are in a box, with my sewing. So I know where they are. There may be others that I don’t know where they are now. I keep finding things. But I know now that I don’t need to order a thimble now. It means I can eventually look for a nice one.

I have a beautiful sterling silver one but it is much too big for my finger.

Penny
Happy Easter.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/