Daily Check in April 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in April 6, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am decluttering more today. The more I get rid of the more difficult the decisions become.

I fixed a Micheal Angelo - Chicken Piccata, I add a whole bag of frozen artichoke quarters. I love artichoke this way I get a full serving of vegetables. I will have several meals from this.

I have pitched a lot this morning, plus added several items to my giveaway bin.

I did figure out the secret to the buttonhole foot on my sewing machine. I watched the u-tube video several times.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I, unfortunately, woke-up at 6:30 am. UGH! I took my meds and waited the one hour before having breakfast. For lunch? I finally had $$ to buy hot dog buns and had my hot dawgs for lunch. I am a happy camper. Tonight, I am going to debone the chicken I cooked on Sunday. I will be using some of the chicken to make a chicken salad sandwich for supper along with a salad (also bought with $$ this month).

I got the dishwasher all loaded up this morning and ran it. I might get some of it unloaded later today. I can't think of anything else to do besides tidy up the counter-tops and get the baking pans put away.

I have been watching the Derek Chauvin trial and it is interesting to learn what all was left out of the reporting done over the past year. Like the fact there was an EMT/Minneapolis Firefighter on the scene who was refused to allow to help George Floyd despite her protestations. And Chauvin would not test George Floyd's pulse either since he wouldn't allow the EMT to do it. I'm quite interested to see the outcome of this trial. I have a high school friend that lives about 8 blocks from where this occurred. She is keeping her eye on it too.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ

Florida, I hope your respite from social media helps you feel better. I take a day off here and there. It seems to help. We will welcome you back with flying colors whenever you are ready.
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy I was hyped up today.

Can't believe i did so much so early

Think things in America are getting me going.

I live in rural south texas. This is farming and ranching community basically. Even have lots of grass farms that sell all types of sod all over the US. I think they even sent some to an Olympic event one year.

Anyway - i was really perturbed when someone on a local page said to be on the lookout for "illegals"

Hello - who do you think has been doing most of the farm and ranch labor around here for literally generations. Why not go do it yourself? Why not pay a decent wage so locals will do it? Really got me going - :mrgreen:
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

FloridaCat, I understand...hope you and Pippi are doing well and we will see you soon.

I have been so busy today, and yesterday was busy also. Today the chimney cleaner was here and that job is now done. I have been doing yardwork. I have a lot done but keep seeing more to do. I have all season to get it done but the way my brain works is "do it now".

Having some issues with renter/friend, she has to be the most complaining/entitled person I know. I am close to running out of patience with her...trying to be nice.

Homemade pizza for supper...
Thats all I have for now

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:57 am Good morning friends.

Just wanted to let you know that I’m taking a break from social media/Internet. Feeling very low. I may discuss this with my doctor later this month. So don’t worry about me if I’m not here. Love you all.

FCL
Take good care of yourself...these have bee very trying times. We love you so much and will be here when you get back. Please don't hesitate to discuss this with your dr.
Trees
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:55 pm Boy I was hyped up today.

Can't believe i did so much so early

Think things in America are getting me going.

I live in rural south texas. This is farming and ranching community basically. Even have lots of grass farms that sell all types of sod all over the US. I think they even sent some to an Olympic event one year.

Anyway - i was really perturbed when someone on a local page said to be on the lookout for "illegals"

Hello - who do you think has been doing most of the farm and ranch labor around here for literally generations. Why not go do it yourself? Why not pay a decent wage so locals will do it? Really got me going - :mrgreen:
People can be so disgusting. And..they have no idea what they are talking about. Those farm and ranch workers are the reason we all have food on our tables.