Daily Check in April 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in April 6, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:38 am Good Morning friends,
Getting us started..
It is April 6 - can you change the title? Thanks
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Older pup had to be fed so I got up and decided to just stay up. It was 7.

I slept okay after taking the Benadryl. Did have weird dreams. And I am sore. I sat on the floor for an hour or so trimming older pups hair. I am so out of shape.

Will probably just relax today. Will make a mexican beef stew for dinner. I've been craving that for a while. Its not really a stew more of cut up sirloin browned and slowly cooked in a gravy

Bought more soil, so will set up the last veggie bed. Hmm - thought I wasn't going to do anything? One thing I do like to do is plant veggies. I don't like to work in the yard type thing. Veggies and good dirt.

The pups went out but are asleep again.

Hope all have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. The temperature is supposed to hit 78 today. It's still chilly enough for a cardigan this morning, though.

The trees are all blooming and everything is looking so lovely. I slept well last night, but seem to have needed more of it. I'm yawning my head off. The office is cold and being chilly makes me sleepy. Time to crank up the heater and make some tea.

As a work thing, we are required to participate in a Secret Pals gift exchange and I received my assignment this week. The person gave three gift suggestions, one of which I can't fulfill because the item isn't available. One of the other things he asked for was "war books." I went to Daedalus Books online and bought three books yesterday that were highly recommended and way less than other book retailers.

Yesterday afternoon I also received the Poshmark order of four summer shirts that I had made last week. They all fit and are really cute. I haven't bought much from that site, but so far the experience has all been positive. With careful shopping, it has not cost me much to beef up my work wardrobe.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining, and of course I got up a bit late (it is below freezing however). I suppose my walk will take place a bit later today. Not that I always need to do something at the same time, it just feels right to my body.

I cut out two more Star Wars masks for oldest son (he liked the ones I did for the youngest) and will spend an hour sewing them up today. Perhaps even this morning since it is a mite chilly out, even with the sun.

I did manage to get some chores done yesterday, and I am going nuts without my to do list (creature of habit, or perhaps a bit obsessive compulsive) so at some point today that to do list for the week will be made.

Eldest DS told me to put him to work today to get a few things done before he leaves tomorrow that I can not do as of yet. So today I just might get him to vacuum and mop the kitchen, dinning room, and hall ways. I will clean tile in the bathroom (should have been done yesterday) and perhaps start to remove my spring and summer clothing from storage.

I need to phone my dentist today to ask if having my vaccine shot will change how my appointment goes/doesn't go. If I run a slight fever (as could happen) they should know the reason why so they can make a decision based on the knowledge that I am not ill or otherwise indisposed.

I also spent some time going through information on absorbable stitches that I could find online. Turns out these suckers could take months to be absorbed and disappear. So I plan on keeping them clean, disinfected, and watched carefully for any signs of infection. I am not a happy camper as the saying goes, right now I feel like a badly quilted covering.

This will be a no spend day. I have no where to go, and nothing needs buying. In point of fact things need using up and using up badly. My fridge is overly full once again so this week meals will be put together from the fridge and freezer up here. We will not starve, that's for sure, even with another full day today of company.

Eldest DS looked at my disappearing nine patch quilt and said he wants one. However there needs to be a "theme" to it. Marvel Comics characters!! So I think if I make one for him it will be my Christmas gift to him and if he gets a specially themed quilt, the youngest will want one as well. Now just to think of a theme for that one...cats???? Family guy???? Simpsons????

Supper tonight will be a quiche made with some ham, a frozen pie crust, and the leftover tossed salad. Tomorrow will be leftover stew. Lunch will be other leftovers found in the fridge depths. I know I will more than likely have leftover potato salad, Hubby will more than likely have the smoked sausage and eldest DS has already said perhaps he will polish off a bowl of leftover stew (lots and I mean lots of stew left).

Today I am grateful for being one day closer to my jab, and my province being the leader in being the one to use up all vaccines given to them within the time period that they need to be used. We are always over
100% (because some of the Pfizer vials still have 5 doses printed on them and we routinely get 6 here).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 am It is April 6 - can you change the title? Thanks
Maggie could change the title, but I will as each individual post will have to be changed as well and she can't do that.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:21 am Maggie could change the title, but I will as each individual post will have to be changed as well and she can't do that.
thank you