Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is 65 F. I have not slept all night despite having a very busy day yesterday. Did not even take a nap.. Bummer.

Have a good day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Janet, I hope you get some rest.

We are supposed to be quite warm today and rain moving in tomorrow. I turned on my AC last night. I don't sleep well when the place is warm.

Today is my second vaccination day! Yay!

I also pulled the trigger on buying the electric sit stand desk.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

In glancing out the window I see the sun is shining and there is very little wind. The temperature seems to be sitting right on the freezing point but should rise dramatically as the day progresses. Oldest is heading home today (probably around 10), I have a Facebook room chat, and a grocery list to make.

Getting closer to my vaccination date, and I am so very hopeful that this one will not be postponed (if it is I will scream) again. I am keeping a close eye on the amount of vaccine we have given out each day and if I figured things out correctly I should be safe this time around. Plus a new shipment of vaccine should be arriving today or tomorrow. Our Federal government gives out a percentage based on population to each province and the province plans the roll out from there. So far my province is doing pretty good on their roll out. However only a few have gotten their second shots, and pretty soon that will need to be booked as well as first shots. It will probably end up being a mixed up mess at that point.

Frugally speaking this will be another no spend day. I used the money from my sister to order a pizza last night. I fell asleep in the afternoon, something I never do and realized that I was plumb tuckered right out and did not feel at all like cooking. So used some of that cash from sis to order in. I think I really needed that little bit of a break from even looking at a stove or oven.

I do have a few chores today like dusting, sweeping, perhaps I will try mopping the floor (the wet mop does not weigh that much) and I will keep the pushing to a minimum. I also need to make out the grocery list for the week. I can then re-thread my machine (need to change the needle once again as well) and perhaps work on sewing the top I had cut out before surgery (actually have two tops cut out). Honestly I really am trying to take it slowly, but man is it boring doing that. Thank heavens for hobbies cause if I was not occupied with other pursuits that I love, I might do something drastic. I spent part of yesterday wondering how my friend who really has no hobbies, manages to do very little in a day except go for the occasional walk and watch TV a lot.

Still have not started to move my wardrobe around, probably because the long range forecast is calling for more snow early next week. If I remove the winter clothing that will in fact happen, cause it always does. So I think I just may leave things the way they are until all danger is passed.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover stew, and I will bake a loaf of bread so we get fresh bread with it.

Today I am grateful that I got the 23and me kit done and will mail it off at some point today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I think I slept okay but am still drowsy. I forced myself to get up. Don't want to do the late night thing again

My arms are also sore from the gardening I did yesterday. So out of shape

And my sister had to go to the ER again last night. Retaining fluid and could not breath. She is home already. I really wish they would keep her there.

it has been four years since all this started. shall see how it goes
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres matin toute le monde!

I was just over on Twitter and found out WHY Canada is not getting the vaccines it ordered from Pfizer, AstraZenica, Moderna and J&J. This was posted by a reporter investigating how the USA having a huge excess of vaccines is unable to distribute them to Canada/Mexico and participate in the world-wide COVAX program which is to share vaccines around the world to expand vaccinations and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Round pushpinNEW—We now know why US cannot share its #COVID19 vaccines with the world—Trump WH had forced legal contracts that blocks US doses by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, J&J from being donated. Hence Flag of Canada&Flag of Mexico only got “loans”, despite >45 mil dose US surplus."

So, Canada can get what are called "loans" from the USA but cannot get the vaccines purchased. This is all under trump's "AMERICA FIRST!!!" stuff.

In the meantime? The world's infection rates with the variants continue to rise as they do in CANADA and even the USA. BUT in the USA the vaccination rate is higher and those who contract COVID-19 are not getting as ill or being hospitalized if they do come in contact with a variant. UGH!

I was hearing on the news today that our Conservative Premier's great "roll out" plan has only ONE vaccine center for the entire city of Winnipeg, population 780,000. I suppose it's another one of his gimmicky schemes to "save money" which is far more important to a conservative than saving lives. Brandon, 58,000, has one mass vaccination site just like Winnipeg. I hope they get their act together and it hits the pharmacies like Shoppers Drug Mart, SuperStores Pharmacy, Walmart's Pharmacy and the like or we won't be vaccinated until next year, that is if President Biden can find a "work around" to trump's ignorant contracts.

That's my covid news/rant for today!

I made my coffee to watch the Derek Chauvin Trial on murder of George Floyd. I made my coffee and think I lost count of the spoons of coffee going into the French Press. It's a bit strong today! It should keep me awake until at least noon since I got up again at 6:30 am again. I am SO not a do anything before noon person!

I will get the car tonight so I can run some important errands tomorrow. I will also go to the grocery store and get some carrots and celery for my Chicken and Rice soup I decided to make. Found a "creamy" recipe that uses evaporated milk and thought I'd give that a try. I have a couple of cans (for making pumpkin pies!) in my cupboard and can use one of those.

I ran the dishwasher yesterday. Today I should make it the washing machines turn to get a work out. I think that will happen this afternoon.

I am going to look online at Michael's to see if they have stretcher bars for a piece of needlework I got at the MCC Thrift Store for only $2.00 on sale. The kit still has the original sticker and it is for a needlepoint pillow that went for $17.59 back in 1980! It hasn't even been opened! I haven't done any needlework for ages and if I can get the right size stretcher bars and get this set-up, it would be a nice fairly long-term project.

That's the skinny from around here! I hope everyone is healthy and has good health today!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I did my kitchen and bathroom floor, they really needed it.

I have pitched a lot and added a few more things to my giveaway bin.

Dinner today will be a serving of chicken piccata. I will freeze the rest in one meal size portions.

Penny