Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm Janet, I finally talked to him on the phone. He's had an MRI and some X-rays. He's in a lot of pain but his legs are numb, which could indicate peripheral artery disease or that he possibly threw a clot that's blocking an artery to his legs. He's long had heart disease on top of his diabetes, so the possibilities are many. I think the hospital will keep him a little while to try to figure this out. Had he gone to the public hospital, he'd have already been bounced out the door, but the one he's at is a lot better.
Mackie thank you for the update. Will continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome. Poor man he has worked hard to overcome being homeless. Has he applied for SSI? Surly he should qualify with all of his problems.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm Hi Jackie,

Perhaps I spoke a little out of order. In Ontario you must book both vaccines at the same time. I booked the two earliest dates I possibly could. The dates and times came up on the website and you selected from there. It will be a relief just to receive the first one.

Doug Ford declared yet another “stay at home “ order for the entire province. It doesn’t change much here as all schools have remote learning only now anyway.
Our school divisions here in my city are back on remote learning until at least the end of this month. Cases are rising here in the south half of the province.

I believe that most of the prairie provinces are doing as many of the first dose as possible and then will start the scheduling for the second dose. Up until today we have used up 88. something of our last vaccines. I am hoping they will still be available on the 10th as I do not want to get moved again. I would prefer to get the Moderna, but if I am moved once more I will head to the nearest drive through and get the AstraZeneca.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, he has been turned down three times for disability. It is very discouraging.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:39 am Janet, he has been turned down three times for disability. It is very discouraging.
That is so sad. I know I was turned down twice, even with a diagnosis of ALS. The third time it went before a judge and I was finally granted SSI. My neurologist said he could not believe I was denied the first time. The people who make the decisions are idiots.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I talked briefly with HB this afternoon and he is still in the hospital, waiting to be seen by a spine doctor. Still no word of what they think is wrong with him, but he could walk a little better today.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:05 pm I talked briefly with HB this afternoon and he is still in the hospital, waiting to be seen by a spine doctor. Still no word of what they think is wrong with him, but he could walk a little better today.
Thanks for the update.. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama